2.1.

THE DEMON SAID: "KILL THE MAN IN WHITE"

SOUND: Believer, Imagine Dragons

Demons, Imagine Dragons

"I'm fired up and tired of the way that things had been...

Don't you tell me what you think that I could be,

I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea..."

Imagine Dragons, Believer

When Set recovered from his astonishment, the Asian man—best described as Shining White Beinghad slipped down the corridor and was quietly stepping away. Set turned his head, but before he could catch another glimpse of the stranger, the nurses pushed him into Von Haughman's office.

He stared at the doctor, but couldn't really see him. The coldness pervading the white room, the vision of the black abyss lingering in his eyes made him weak and frail, like a child about to cry. To hide his pathetic condition, he squinted and clenched his teeth.

The doctor broke the silence.

"Good afternoon, Mister Voland. I'm Doctor Wilhelm Von Haughman." He wore a plastic smile and never broke eye contact. "Would you mind answering some of my questions? It won't take long."

Set gave a stiff nod. He didn't have a choice after all.

The doctor showed him a long couch in the corner of the room, just beside the main desk, and Set obediently took a seat. Von Haughman adjusted the chair behind his desk, turning it toward Set's side. He then sat keeping a comfortable, safe distance, a clipboard resting over his legs.

"Do you have any idea as to why you were admitted to this facility?" he asked in a calm voice.

Set's shoulder stiffened, his eyes darting to the exit door. He nodded again.

The doctor smiled. "If any of my questions make you feel uncomfortable, just tell me that you want to skip it for now and we will," he clarified.

His jaw still clenched, Set nodded one more time.

"I'm going to refer to your previous consultation with Doctor Sukhera, is that fine with you?" the doctor inquired tactfully.

Set bit his lip, but his head tilted up and down again.

"I see that you've talked about your hallucinations," Von Haughman restarted. "Could you tell me something more about them?"

"Can we skip this?" Set forced the words out.