11.2.

THE ORACLE LOSES HIS BALANCE

"So embrace the darkness

And I will help you see

That you can be limitless

And fearless

If you follow me,"

Become The Beast, Karliene.

Sybil was plainly aware that by giving in to his impulses he'd crossed the line. Through half-lidded eyes, he peeked at Set's face, buried in the curve of his neck. The young man had tried to conceal his confusion with sharp words, but his ragged breathing made it clear how ruffled he was.

Folding his arm, Sybil ran his fingers through the young man's hair, carefully. There was no way to break that kind of silence, not for the culprit.

Set scoffed, his body quivering, "Maybe you don't have a clear idea of what you just did."

Still on top of Sybil, legs straddling his hips, the young man tugged himself up, making eye contact. His were clouded. One hand left idly on Sybil's lap, he grabbed onto the older man's wrist. In a slow movement that didn't match his temper, Set pressed the Oracle's palm to his bare chest, inhaling deeply and closing his eyes. His skin was hot despite the cool air of the night, and his heartbeat thundered under Sybil's palm.

When his eyes flicked open again, he cocked his head to the side. "Did you think you could get away with that?"

Sybil blinked a couple of times. The dangerous line he'd crossed had nothing to do with his actions contradicting his words. Impermanence was one of the fundamental laws of Existence. All elements in the play of reality were bound to change, and coherence had never been a natural quality of living creatures. He certainly wasn't an exception, and he'd accepted that long before.

Set placed his hands on both sides of Sybil's head and adjusted his posture, slowly leaning in once again. Heat pooled in Sybil's lower abdomen.

"Tell me. Did you think you could?" Set glared, but his warm breath lapped at Sybil's mouth, filling the man's nostrils with the inviting aroma of the wine he'd drunk.

Half a smirk pulled at the Oracle's mouth. Odd enough, the line he'd crossed was the one between abnegation and desire. In fact, instead of a guilty conscience, he was experiencing an adrenaline rush. He wet his lips and nodded.

Set drew closer, a sinister gleam in his eyes. "How cocky. Just for that, you'd deserve to be fucked senseless."

For the first time in years, the Oracle held his breath and swallowed hard. Rediscovering the feeling of being trapped, even the instinct of running away, he marveled at the jagged beat of his heart, at the hardness of his breath—at their apparent contrast with the warm, liquid excitement that pooled in his lower half, making his muscles weak and willing to surrender. It was a delightfully unfamiliar condition.

In a moment of self-indulgence, he slipped his hand out of Set's grasp and traced delicate lines with his fingers. He snaked it around Set's neck, pulling him closer. Not bothering to conceal his physical condition, he slightly rocked his hips.

His eyelashes fluttered as he indulged in an intimate, low tone, his voice sounding far more seductive than usual. "Would you do me the honor?"

A breath away from his lips Set stalled, terror flashing in his eyes and a pink hue coloring his cheeks. Straightening up, he pulled out of the other's grasp and slapped himself. "What the hell was that? I almost forgot you're a dude. You, fuckin' pervert."