Chapter 20

Archer's P.O.V

I watched stunned, as the door slammed shut effectively cutting Gemma off from my sight. As soon as her face disappeared behind the door I acted on impulse and rammed my elbow into Sheep Mask's face. He grunted from the impact, which caused him to loosen his grip on both my arm and throat.

Without thinking twice I spun around and brought my fist forward and it connected with his face, mask and all. The force from the blow knocked his mask off his face but I didn't have time to stand there and stare to see if he secretly looked like Freddy Kruger. Instead I just ran into him shoulder first, sending us both to the ground.

To my disappointment it turned out that Sheep Mask didn't look like Freddy Kruger at all. In fact he looked like some random guy I'd pass on the street and not give a second glance. A mop of dark brown hair, and eyes to match with a slightly crooked nose that suggested he had been in one too many fights.

A solid blow to my jaw brought my attention back to the man beneath me.

Dickhead. That's what I'd call him now since the mask was gone.

I looked down at him before bringing my fist down repeatedly on his face. He obviously didn't appreciate the new face I was trying to give him because soon after he grunted and brought his head forward so it collided with mine.

People in the movies made it look easy. It felt like my brain was vibrating.

I groaned in pain and this gave him enough time to throw me off his body. He stood over me and before I knew it he was ramming his foot into my ribs.

"You son of a bitch! Dox should've asked for your little bitch in there, I'm sure she would've been a lot easier to handle." He sneered.

Anger flared through me and before he could bring his foot down again I grabbed it and twisted.

He actually screamed before he hit the ground.

With a grunt, I slowly got to my feet.

I stood over him, wiping the blood from the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand before tilting my head to the side.

"Who's the bitch now?"

When he didn't answer I brought my foot down so that it rested on his throat and started to press down. His eyes went wide as he tried to remove my foot from his throat and clear his airway.

I bent forward and put one hand behind my ear.

"I can't hear you. Maybe you should try speaking a little louder."

When he still didn't answer I pressed my foot down even harder which caused him to start gagging and coughing. I released the pressure slightly and stared down at him.

"I'm waiting."

"I am." He wheezed.

"You're what?" I knew I was playing with fire but I couldn't help it or even bring myself to care. Especially not after he had tried to kill me.

He struggled under my foot for a few more seconds before finally saying "A bitch. I'm a bitch."

A grin found it's way to my mouth.

"Well, I'm glad you know."

And with that I brought my foot down hard against his head knocking him out.

I quickly reached down and grabbed the gun from his waistband and placed it in the back of my jeans.

I took a few deep breaths before turning around and taking the few steps back to the same door Gemma was locked behind. I walked up to it and placed my hands on the door, peering through the small window, but the window itself was made out of frosted glass so I couldn't really see her.

"Gemma, can you hear me?"

A few seconds and then, "Archer is that you?"

I sighed in relief before answering. "Yeah it's me. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I mean I could use a shower and a burger right about now, but I can't complain I guess."

I shook my head as a small smile tugged at my lips.

"Alright I'm going to try and get you out."

I glanced down at the doorknob to see a lock that needed a key to open it. Just as I was about to turn around and search him for the key Gemma spoke again.

"Archer?" Was it just me or did she sound scared?

I pressed my ear up against the door and frowned. "Yeah?"

"Can you hurry up and get this door open?"

"Why what's wrong?" I asked as panic started to surge it's way through me.

"We really don't have time for twenty questions just get this door open NOW!"

The fear and urgency in her voice got me moving. I quickly ran over to Sheep Mask and patted him down, searching his pockets. I sighed in relief as my hand closed around the small key. I quickly made my way back to the door and slid the key inside. To my relief it unlocked easily and I swung the door open. My relief was short lived though because as soon as the door was open Gemma was nowhere to be found. All that was left in the spot where she should have been standing, was a small pool of blood instead.