9. Sorrow X Attacked

Jimin's POV

It hurts my heart seeing this. Hearing Y/N cry gets me heartbroken too.

If only I had gotten her home earlier.

Even though I was with her during this whole incident, all I could have done was help her get rid of the freaking piece of wood and those peasant Syzzles.

I couldn't even save her mother. I know most mages are not supposed to know how to heal one another, as it is prohibited to use magic to cure one's health but as one of the core leader members, I knew how.

But I couldn't.

Under that circumstance, if I failed to cast the proper spell, I would've killed her mother instantly. If only, I knew her mother was in critical condition, I would've honestly gambled for a chance at her survival but I was too far too actually see her mother. In fact, I couldn't even see her mother, all I saw was the flaming wood... Her mother must have been around the corner.

Guilt has overflown my emotions...

but I shouldn't tell Y/N this... if she found out, she is only going to blame herself even more...

Y/N must feel clueless and directionless about her future... and I promise, I'll take care of her. I just don't know if she will be willing to or not.

As for right now, all I can do is to comfort her.

---------------------------------------------
Y/N POV

I don't know how to feel or what to do anymore.

The truth is, can Jimin really be with me forever? I know I'm willing to but will he be willing to?

"Y/N" Jimin said.

"Yes?" you said through your sobs.

Jimin pulled away and looked you in the eyes.

"I'll take care of you"

"I'll take care of your for forever"

"I promise" he said and pulled you back to a hug.

What did I do to deserve him? In the end, I'm just a rebel who crossed dimension and broke the law.

--------------------------------------------
Y/N POV

Jimin braid-style carried you as you two flew towards an unknown direction. You had your arms around his neck and you stared at the direction Jimin is flying at.

Jimin noticed your worried face and said "We are going to my place"

"..." you didn't say anything and slowly closed your eyes and drifted to sleep.

--------------------------------------------
When you woke up, you were in a huge room with a lot of grey decoration in the room.

"Is this the guest room? Why is it so big? " you said to yourself.

You sat up and got out of the bed. You looked around and saw a giant window, you walked over to it and was amused by the view. You thought the view was beautiful and you smiled as you put your fingers on the window plane.

"Mom would be amused if she saw all of these beautiful flowers too..." you said to yourself.

"but she's gone..." you continued to finish your sentence.

Then your smile disappeared and your lips turned into a straight line.

--------------------------------------------
Jimin's POV

I was about to step into Y/N's room to check up on her but instead, I heard some thing behind the door and I stopped.

"Mom would be amused if she saw all of these beautiful flowers too..."
"but she's gone..."

My heart broke into a million pieces. I could've done something... my poor jagiya.

I need to cheer her up.

---------------------------------------------
I walked down the hallway of my castle and I told my assistant to help me find Y/N's brother while I was going to step out for a moment.

I flew to Zerdloos and talked to the founder of the college, Kim Seokjin. He was my best friend before he started this school and before I started getting involved with the leaders of this place.

I wanted to become a part of the leaders because I hated this place 10 years ago. However, under my superior control, everything changed. I changed multiple laws and the citizens of Marrowfort (the name of this place) were more educated, capable, and disciplined.

I remember when I asked Y/N why she didn't want to live in Zerdloos and her reply was because of her mother. Now that her mother is probably at a happy place (heaven?) right now, Y/N shouldn't be held back anymore. And I'll help her achieve that desire.

---------------------------------------------

I walked inside the Zerdloos but was immediately blocked off by the guards. I'm glad I was blocked off because this place has finally risen their security level, it was so different a few years ago.

"Name?" the guard asked me.

I calmly showed him my staff.

When he saw my staff, he said "I apologize sir, please enter"
"Would you like one of us to show you around?" he politely suggested.

"No I'm good on my own" I replied trying to act tough.

It is honestly so sad. As a part of the leaders, I always have to act tough. I'm not even like this... but it has turned into a habit. I've hidden my true self for so long, until I met Y/N. She didn't recognize my staff or know who I was... she only recognized me.

The true me...

She would leave out my honorific.

She would laugh at me.

And most importantly, she was true and real with me.

Another thing about being a part of the leaders, no one knew how I look like or what my name was. It is pathetic because no one knows what I have done to make Marrowfort a better place. I only improved the system so then it would avoid any terrorist attack, not to mention it is also to protect us, leaders, from unnecessary battles against any unhappy citizens. I guess every decision has a bad side and a good side.

Anyways, I stepped into Zerdloos and looked around. It was as if nothing has changed, other than the improved security. Zerdloos has been the same ever since it was when it started. I see students combating, studying, and having fun.

Jin has done such a good job in applying and avoiding his intentions from changing. When he first started this college, he wanted the students to learn while having fun, I guess he has succeeded.

"Looking around?" someone said.

I turned around and saw a magic beam coming towards me. I immediately called for my staff and used a protection magic. "Praesidio!"

---------------------------------------------
AN: Yes. If you haven't noticed already, all the spells are in Latin except for universal spells. AKA the one Jimin used to go to the City of Burden. :) I hope you are enjoying this book as much as I enjoy writing it!!

(I'm editing~)