Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Loki remained at the house the next day, while Lisa took her family into town to shop. Still feeling resistant, her father would only let her buy him a second pair of trousers, two shirts and some underwear.

Lisa was far more open and despite her father’s disapproval, bought herself the best part of a wardrobe and many accessories.

Lisa had packed a bag before she left New York but she also bought herself a few things; they had left the farm house in a rush after all, and she hadn’t thought to bring a few items. Given recent events, she certainly wasn’t going to willingly return to a house owned by SHIELD any time soon.

They stopped for lunch in a small café and after a few more purchases, Lisa drove them back to the villa.

“So, why didn’t Loki join us?” Tim asked, seemingly nonchalantly, but Lisa could tell he was still very unsettled.

“When we went to Asgard, he was given his mother’s diary, he’s trying to read it.”

“Whoa!” Sarah stuck her head between the front seats. “You went to Asgard? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Um, I wasn’t hiding it,” Lisa explained. “It’s just that so much has happened, I forgot to mention it.”

“You forgot? You don’t just forget something like that! What was it like?”

“Sit back and put your seatbelt on and maybe I’ll tell you.”

Sarah did as she was told. “So?”

“It was odd. Almost everything seems to be made from stone or gold but the most beautiful thing was the rainbow bridge, which connects the bifrost to the city. It’s made from some kind of crystal and almost thrums with power, like its alive or something. I’ve never seen anything like to before.”

With that talk of rainbow bridges and gold cities, her father was now quietly convincing himself that Lisa was delusional, and Loki was sharing in her delusions.

“Can I go with you next time?” Sarah demanded.

“I don’t know if there’ll be a next time, and if there is, I don’t know if I can bring you. I’ll ask though.”

“Cool. So if you’re an alien, can you do magic like Loki, or can you just read minds?”

“Well Loki sais I can do as much magic as him, with practice, and according to the clan I come from, Loki says I should have the ability to shapeshift.”

Tim was now wondering if Loki wasn’t some kind of cult leader who had indoctrinated Lisa with his lies. A bit like scientology, but worshiping Norse gods rather than aliens.

“Oh, that would be so cool!” Sarah said. “What can you change into? If you can turn into a dog, we can play fetch, or if you become a horse, I could ride you! That would be amazing.”

“Easy, girl,” Lisa laughed. “I’ve only known I’m an alien for about two about days.”

“Oh, come on, you must be able to do something!”

There was one thing. Loki hadn’t had a chance to teach her much yet, but he had showed her how to do this on Asgard, the only thing she worried about was how her family would take it. Well, she was worried how her father would take it. Still, he needed shocking out of believing her insane.

“Well, once we broke the curse that was keeping me human, Loki showed me what I would have looked like if I’d been raised among my people. I can't do much else but can change to and from that pretty easily, if you want to see?”