Home for Good

*Ajar*

They were finally coming within sight of the Oasis.  "Hopefully, we'll be able to stay in one place," Pitt says, making everyone laugh.  "Hey, there's the place where I was buried," Ajar says, pointing to an all-too-familiar pile of rocks.  "Yeah, heh, sorry about that fiasco," Michael says, chuckling nervously.  "It's alright, at least we're finally home,"  Ajar answers.

The group finally reaches the outskirts of the Oasis just as the sun was starting to set.  "Well, guess we'll have to part ways," Eva says.  Oops Ajar thought, looking at Michael, who was looking at him with a sheepish expression.  We forgot to tell her his eyes said.  "About that Eva," Michael starts.  Eva turns around and looks at her father.  "I decided that Ajar can come into the Oasis," he says.  Eva gasps as he continues, "And I decided to cancel that marriage with Jon-Jon," upon saying that he immediately gets tackled in a hug by Eva.  Everyone laughs as Eva repeatedly shouts her gratitude.

And then, they hear squawking overhead.  Not again Ajar thinks as he looks up along with everyone else.  One of the birds lands between the group and the Oasis, barring the way.  "Sir, don't worry, you're safe now," he says, stepping forwards.  "It's ok Chief-Chief, I've been safe the whole time," Michael says.  Chief-Chief stops in his tracks, a look of surprise on his face.  "Go ahead and let them in," Michael continues, nodding towards Ajar and Pitt, "I trust them."  The bird looks between him and Ajar.  "But sir, he's a Dusty!" He exclaims.  "And I'm a Green snake.  While I was out there, Ajar taught me to never judge a snake by its own skin," Michael replies flatly, surprising Ajar.  "Well, um, but the other Green snakes won't like it," Chief-Chief mumbles.

"Well, no one said they had to, lets go everybody!" Michael says and everyone follows him into the Oasis.  As Ajar was passing by Chief-Chief, the bird leaned down and whispered in Ajar's ear, "I'm watching you."  Ajar rolls his eyes with a sigh and follows everyone else into the Oasis.  "I'll go tell Emily and Pietra the good news!" Pitt exclaims, running off towards the Suburbs.  Ajar watches him go, then into Eva's eyes.  "I guess we did get to stick together after all," Ajar chuckles, remembering how worried he was when they were going to go separate ways.  The two of them kiss and then start exploring Ajar's new home together.

[A few days later]

Ajar was basking in the sun on a rock in front of his den, Eva curled up next to him.  Although he was admitted into the Oasis, the Green snakes refused to let him near the main pond, so Michael gave Ajar his own little pond up in the cliffs.  "Any news on how Gary's doing?" Ajar asks Eva.  Their friend was crestfallen when Pitt returned with news that Pietra found another Dusty in the Suburbs.  "He's recovering, though I don't think he'll be finding his special someone again for a while," Eva says.  "Ajar."  Ajar raises his head and sees Sergeant standing nearby.  "Yes, something wrong?" he asks.  "There's a snake at the border who wants to see you," the bird reports.  Oh great, I wonder how Saladin found out he thinks as he slides off the rock.  "I'll be right back Eva, just gotta go see what the snake wants," he calls back.  The bird gently picks up Ajar, unlike the other two who still don't like him, and flies to the edge of the Oasis.  Who was waiting there however was a surprise.  Sergeant drops Ajar in front of Strikeout, who was lounging on the rock.  "Oh great, what do you want?  Hear to tell me to stop loving Eva again?  Well let me tell you something buddy, stay out of my life," Ajar says scornfully.  Strikeout chuckles for a moment before speaking, "Oh Ajar, is that how you should greet your long lost father?"

The End

Hey guys!  Dr. Chronos here!  I hope you enjoyed Sahara: The Second Journey.  This is my first work (other than Time-twist, but this is a redo of that), please remember to give feed back!  Also, be sure to check out the next book in the series!