Journeys collide

*Gary*

"Come on guys, lets keep going," Eva calls back.  The group has been traveling for quite some time, looking for Ajar and Michael.  "Eva," Pitt calls out, "We need water soon, we won't lost much longer...especially Gary," he adds eyeing Gary who was pulling himself along with his tail.  "If you're looking for water, I know where to find some."  Gary looks up and sees the strange snake they saw earlier: Sejer.  "What the, how did you- Did you follow us?" Eva stammers.  "Mmm, yes and no," Sejer replies.  "Well, since you're here, where can we find some water?" Pitt asks.  "Over that dune there," he says, pointing to the left.  "Alright, thanks!" Gary says before shooting off.  "Gary! Wait for us!" Eva shouts, bounding after him.  Yes, I am sooo thirsty, I could-

SMACK

Gary slams into something at the top of the dune and recoils back.  "Hey, what's up-" he cuts himself off when he sees what he ran into.

*Michael*

Everything hurts.  His head feels like it was hit by a rock.  Moaning, he peels his eyes open.  "You're finally awake."  Wincing, Michael raises his head and looks at Ajar.  "What happened?" he asks through his dusty throat.  "Well, Omar had you under the influence of his flute," Ajar answers.  Michael rubs his head and notices a bump on it.  "How'd this bump get here?" he asks.  "Err, I had to hit you over the head with a rock, Omar's flute doesn't work if your unconscious," Ajar replies awkwardly.  "Well, if it works I guess, how come you weren't affected?"  "I don't know, I was being pulled in by the flute, then...something...snapped me out of it."  Michael takes a moment to think about it.  "So, what now?" he asks.  Ajar just shrugs.

"Well, you look a little dry."  Ajar whips back around and Michael looks around him.  Right in front of them was a red colored Dusty.  "Strikeout, really?  Here to scold me again?" Ajar growls.  "You might ignore my advice, but I am still try to help.  Now if you'll listen, you'll find what you're looking for over that dune," the snake, Strikeout, says, pointing to the left.  "Oh, alright, thanks!" Michael says before bounding towards the dune.  "Michael, wait!" Ajar shouts, but Michael barely hears him.  He must have been talking about water, because I do need so-

SMACK

Michael bounces off of something over the top of the dune.  "OW!" he shouts, rubbing the bump on his head.  All of the sudden, something tackles and wraps around him.  Yelling, he tries to untangle himself, until he heard a voice shouting, in his ear, "We found you!"  Michael looks down and realizes that the thing wrapping around him was his own son, Gary.  "Gary?!" he exclaims, filling up with joy.  "Ajar!  Father!"  Michael looks up and sees his daughter bounding down the slope.  "Eva, it's so good to-" he starts to say but she shoots past him and straight into Ajar.  Michael watches dumb founded as they embrace each other.  "Well, should have seen that coming," he muses, pulling Gary into a hug, as a scorpion tumbles down the slope.  That must be Pitt he thinks, noticing how he hugged Ajar as soon as he recovered.

"How did you find us?" Michael ask after they spend a moment in silence.  "Well, we were just over that dune there, getting ready to pass by, when a snake told us there was water over here,  but instead we found you!" Gary exclaims.  "A snake?" Ajar asks, "Who, what was his name?"  "Um, I think his name was Sejer," Eva replies.  Ajar and Michael freeze and look at each other.  "What?" Pitt asks, looking between them.  "We met Sejer about a day or two after the sandstorm,"  Ajar says.  "What?  That shouldn't be possible, we met him the night we were leaving the Oasis," Eva exclaims.

They exchanged the stories of their journeys, when Michael realizes something.  "Wait, didn't..." Yeah, there's none here, he thinks, looking around.  Then he looks at the ground.  Or, maybe there is Michael thinks, placing his head against the ground.  "Um, Dad?  What are you doing?" Gary asks, a confused look on his face.  "Shh," Michael shushes him, listening closely.  He hears the faint sound of water.  "Ah, I see what he means," he says, raising his head back up.  "What, what does he mean?" Eva asks.  "There's an underground river here, we might be able to follow it to it's source.  There's a few advantages to being a Green snake too," he says, looking at Ajar out of the corner of his eye.  Ajar chuckles and says, "Ok, lead the way."

Michael listens to the river again and then starts moving in the direction he thinks it's coming from.  Eventually, they find the spot where the river flows into the ground.  "Alright!  Water!" Gary shouts with glee before jumping into the now slow moving river.  "See?  There's a few advantages to being a Green snake too," he says, looking at Ajar out of the corner of his eye.  The two chuckle, then laugh when they see the astonished look on Eva's face.  "You two are actually...friends now?" she asks.  "Well, yeah, I got to know my daughter's boyfriend after all,"  Ajar chuckles when Eva's face blushes.  The group rehydrated themselves and talked and joked as the sun set on a happy day.