Chapter 17

QUICK NOTE:

Hey my Wattpad lovers, thank you so much for taking the time out and reading my book. Please feel free to comment the names of your books if you would like me to check them out. Also, feel free to follow me on here and Instagram (@tyaira16). I do follow back on Wattpad and on IG (just message me on IG and let me know you're a fellow Wattpadder.) Peace, love, and much happiness to you all. Now, back to the story!

Lei's POV

  After we picked up our rental car at Beijing Capital International Airport, Bo began to tell me about the phone call he had with my uncle. "Uncle called me in hysterics last night. He and his wife went out to the theater to see a play. After the play was over, they walked to the parking lot with one of their security guards following behind them. The security guard hit uncle in the back of his head with a pistol, which caused him to fall. His wife was in shock. The security guard attempted to drag her away, but she wasn't going down without a fight. While the security guard was distracted with uncle's wife, uncle got up and walked behind him. Uncle took his revolver out and shot in the guard in the head. After the ordeal, his wife demanded that uncle step down from the family business. Uncle's workers did a background check on the secuirty guard and found out out he had lived in Greece for a couple years, they believe he may have been working for the Greek mafia. Uncle called the leader of the Huang family and set up a meeting to discuss us taking over the business." Bo finished up, breathlessly.

  Damn, uncle already told the Huang family that I am taking over the family business... "Well, I can't go back on Uncle's word to the Huang family..." I said, pissed off. "I understand Lei. We're having the meeting in Beijing because the Greeks know a few of the Huang's family meeting spots in Shanghai. For the next few days we're going to hammer out the details of our newfound relationship with the Huang family." Bo said. Okay, that doesn't sound too bad. "Anything else?,l" I asked Bo, bored with this conversation. "Yes, we have five different meetings planned out with the Huang family between tonight and Tuesday afternoon", he took a deep breath and continued, "and Ni Ni told me that they are leaving on Thursday..." "What the hell?! Thursday!! It feels like they just got to Shanghai..." I said, irritated. "Well, they've been here since Tuesday morning, next Thursday would make 9 days since they've been in Shanghai. Plus, it takes a day to get here and back to the US. Overall, thats 11 days Lei, they still have jobs and families..." Bo said, tired and distraught. I didn't respond to him. Bo was right. It was stubborn for me to think that Ty and the girls could, should, stay for longer than necessary. The thought of them leaving in five days dampened my mood tremendously.

* Tuesday morning at the Beijing Capital International Airport*

- The teacup