Chapter 14

An hour and a half later, Lei pulled up to a high rise condo building in downtown Shanghai. "Bo, take the ladies upstairs and start pulling out stuff for the party. I'm going to park my car instead of waiting for valet." Lei said. "See you in a bit." Bo replied before hopping out of the car. Once we made it inside of the elevator, I noticed that Ni Ni was staring at Bo, hard. Yup, she was definitely feeling this guy. "So Bo, do you and Lei live together? " I asked. "Kinda. Well, we share this condo together. We use it to host parties, or if we party too hard downtown and we're too tired to drive home, we crash here. That's it though. We both have our own homes. Lei has a house in the French Concession." Bo responded. A few minutes later, we were inside of their condo.

"This place is GORGEOUS Bo! You and Lei and so lucky! I could only dream of living here!" Ni Ni said giddily

"This place is GORGEOUS Bo! You and Lei and so lucky! I could only dream of living here!" Ni Ni said giddily. "I guess you could say that. Hey, I have to make a call real quick. Do you mind going to the kitchen and unwrapping the food and pulling out the liquor from the fridge?" Bo asked. "Sure." I replied. After that, Bo walked upstairs. Fifteen minutes later, Ni Ni and I had unwrapped all the food and placed it on different tables all throughout the living and dining room. "Hey, I'm going to find a bathroom." I said to Ni Ni. I had to pee like a race horse. Once I made it upstairs, I saw the bathroom at the end of the hallway. As I was about to pass a bedroom, I heard Bo's voice get louder as he spoke on the phone. "Shénme?! Míngtiān?! Běijīng?!...Sǐle!!," ( What?! Tomorrow?! Beijing?!...Died!!) Bo said into the phone furiously. Before I could process the conversation, I ran back downstairs to Ni Ni, but before I could get any words out of my mouth, I noticed Lei having a friendly conversation with Ni Ni. "Everything okay? You look like you've been running." Lei said with his eyebrows raised. "Yeah...I'm just so excited about this view and how beautiful your condo is! " I lied with ease. Fuck, I'm going to have to wait until the girls and I get home to tell them what happened.

  An hour later and the party was in full affect. Day and Kevin didn't show up until a few minutes later because they stopped to grab some food before coming to the party. There werr roughly 75 to 100 people that showed up to the party. "Cheers to the weekend and American girls!!" Kevin said as everyone raised their shot glasses in the air. I pinched my nose before gulping down the double shot of gin. "Gin makes you sin", was always my motto. "Everyone, get inside of my SnapChat video!!" I said to Bo, Day, Kevin, Lei, and Ni Ni. "Cheers to my 25th birthday weekend and my Shanghai friends making it so much better!!" I screamed into the camera as Lei had his face rested on my shoulder. Everyone else was in the background saying "Happy Birthday Ty!!" I posted the video to my story. Then the DJ played "One Dance" by Drake and WizKid. "THIS IS MY SHIT!!" Ni Ni screamed, then grabbed Day and my hand and lead us to the makeshift dance floor in the living room. We huddled up in a tight knit circle and started wining our hips real slow. After about a minute of this, I saw Bo and Kevin walked behind Ni Ni and Day. Ahhhh shit, they want a dance. Well, I hope Bo can keep up with Ni Ni because she dance wild. Then, I felt a pair of hands grab my hips and pull me close to their body. Yup, it must be Lei. Well, he did win his fight so I guess I can reward him. I started wining my hips on him. Surprisingly, he matched my rhythm. We danced like this for a song or two. "Sorry Lei, I really have to go to the bathroom." I apologized. "It's upstairs at the end of the hall." Lei replied. I walked upstairs and went to the bathroom. As I was coming out, Mike was standing outside of the bathroom waiting. "Mike?". " Yes, not following you. My friend invited me to the party and I have to pee real bad." He said. "Oh, I'm sorry for hogging the bathroom. Enjoy the party and maybe I'll see you downstairs." I replied.

  After walking down the stairs, I made a beeline to my friends who were in the kitchen. I saw Day sitting on the counter, with Kevin standing in front of her and they were in a deep conversation. Then, I noticed Ni Ni and Bo leaned up against the fridge having a conversation too. Damn, everybody is booed up. I wanted to talk as a group, but didn't want to be a cock block. So I turned my attention to Lei who had his face buried in his phone. "Lei, you want to go out on the balcony with me? I would ask Day or Ni Ni, but they too busy being booed up..." I asked. "Sure! " he answered in a surprised voice. "But first, let's take another double shot so you won't be as nervous being alone with me." I said while teasing Lei. He blushed. Honestly, I wanted to take another shot to calm my nerves. After taking the shot, we walked out onto the balcony. "This view is beautiful." I said. "Yea, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I have to live near the water." Lei said while looking at the Huangpu River. "Why?," I asked, slurring my words. "Because the water is in my blood. My last name is Hǎi, which means 'sea'." Lei said. I started feeling myself getting extremely warm. "Lei..." I said while reaching to grab his hand. "Yes?" he said while leaning towards me. "You are so beautiful." he said while staring at my lips. "I don't feel good..." I said desperately. "Huh??" he replied in a confused tone. Instead of replying back, I leaned forward and vomited on his shoes. That's the last thing I remember before everything went black.