Chapter 9

Lei's POV

  As I walked up to the front door of the warehouse I noticed my favorite bouncer named Dong was working tonight. "What's up Dong?" I asked him. "Nothing much boss. Just waiting for the crowd to show up. Who are those people walking with Bo?" he inquired. "Oh, just some lady friends we met last night at Unwanted. I'm pretty sure they are American and just visiting Shanghai for a week or so." I replied. "Damn boss, I didn't know that you liked Black American women. They are extremely pretty. The other guys are going to be jealous of you tonight. " Dong replied while smirking. Dong had a soft spot for Black women. Last year, he dated an exchange student from Ethiopia who attended the University of Shanghai. Unfortunately for Dong, the girl only stayed at the university for a semester to study under a famous music professor before returning back to Ethiopia to continue her studies. "There's a lot you do not know about me." I replied in a cheeky manner. Before he could respond, Ty walked behind me and tapped me on my shoulder. "Next time, don't walk so fast. You left me in a dark area surrounded by fields. That screams horror movie to me." she huffed while crossing her arms. "I'm sorry, I wanted to hurry up and give the bouncer a heads up about you and the girls. Security is extremely tight and everyone tends to be uneasy with newcomers or foreigners attending the fight." I explained to her. Dong just looked between the both of us and nodded his head because he only understood some English, so he only caught on to a bit of the conversation I was having with Ty. "I understand..." she mumbled under her breath. As Bo, Ni Ni, and Day approached us, I noticed Ty take a step back away from me. "Hey ladies. This is Dong he is a bouncer here. He doesn't understand a lot of English, so if he doesn't speak, don't take it personal." I explained to Day, Ni Ni, and Ty. Before we walked inside, I saw Day reach inside her purse and pull out her passport, pointing at it while looking at Dong. She was trying to ask him if he needed to see ID. Dong replied slowly in English "No. You Lei's and Bo's friend. Good." After she thanked Dong, we walked inside the warehouse.

  As soon as we entered the warehouse, one of my female employees told me that my uncle was waiting in my office and wanted to speak to me and Bo. "Hey, Bo and I have to handle some business really quick. Just follow my employee and she's going to take you to a private room where you ladies can wait for me and Bo. Okay?" I explained to Day, Ni Ni, and Ty. All three of them nodded their heads and followed behind my employee down hallway. I've completely forgotten her name. As they were walking away, I decided to take a peek at Ty's little booty. It was moving a little bit, I thought as I laughed to myself. Those shorts ate definitely showing off her hips and making her butt look curvier. "Hey Lei, stop being a pervert and focus. Your uncle wants to speak to us." Bo said in serious tone. He started walking to my office and I followed behind him. As I open my office door, the first thing that hit me is cigar smoke. Yup, my uncle is definitely in my office because he loves to smoke cigars. "Nephews, how are you?" he asked me and Bo. Bo is not my biological cousin, but he's been a friend of the family for many years. My uncle was a short, plump man with wispy grey hair and was in his early 60s. "We are great. What do we owe this visit to?," I ask my uncle in a polite tone. "Well, we need to talk about business. I need you and Bo to take over the family business immediately. I am ready to retire and, let's be honest, I am not getting any younger." my uncle said in a serious manner.

  The family business was transporting illegal firearms for the Chinese mafia, along with some other groups. My uncle was the organizer, leader, etc. of this business. My uncle had two children, a daughter and a son. In this business, women were not allowed to take position as a leader. His son could not take over the business because he was the product of one of my uncle's multiple extra martial affairs. In the Chinese culture, legitimacy and bloodline mean everything. My younger cousin was born a bastard and didn't have my uncle's last name. "Uncle, no disrespect, but Bo and I don't want to take over the family business. The fight nights are bringing us more than enough profit." I said in a respectful tone. "You have no choice. I had bad dealings with some Greek suppliers a few weeks ago. I decided to sever ties with them. In retaliation, they killed my daughter's husband in front of her, along with their child." my uncle said to me with unshed tears in his eyes. "These Greek suppliers will continue to target our family until everyone is dead. The only way to stop them is to continue the transport business and provide excellent service at a discounted price for the Huang family. In exchange, the Huang family has promised me to provide protection for us." he said in a low voice. The Huang family was the biggest, oldest, and most powerful Chinese mafia family. My uncle proceeded to get up from the chair and walk out of the office. "You have 72 hours to make your decision." he said before closing the door, leaving Bo and I with the weight of the world on our shoulders.