31. Truth

Louis' POV 

"Harry where the fuck are we going?" I asked. My eyes were blindfolded with Harry's red bandanna, which I found to be simultaneously the most romantic and most ridiculous gesture of all time. 

"Shhh. We're almost there, don't ruin the surprise," Harry said. I felt his strong hands gripping my arms and back, leading me slowly up some stares. "Ahhhh!" I shouted, I felt a hot, wet sensation on my foot, and it certainly didn't feel natural. Without thinking, I ripped off the bandanna, staring down in the dark blue Whirlpool hot-tub that my foot had been immersed in. 

"You took it off?" Harry squealed, pretending to be mad. I stuck my tongue out at him. "What the fuck Harry? Were you gonna push me in?" I asked incredulously. I seriously wanted to know what in the fuck he had been thinking. I'm not a big fan of surprises, and I'm even less of a fan of being thrown into miscellaneous bodies of water. 

"No, I was just gonna get your feet wet. I brought you a bathing suit. From home," he said with a laugh as he looked at my pouty face. "Niall found it in your room. Go get changed now. I promise it'll be fun."

Niall. That was funny. Niall had somehow gotten on board with the whole Harry thing recently. He and Harry had a talk after I stayed over Harry's last night. Niall was actually impressed Harry had taken such good care of me while I was drunk, and that he got me to eat a proper breakfast -- something Niall had tried to do and failed many times. Though, despite all that, I'm pretty sure he still gave Harry the 'that's my best friend, don't you ever hurt him' run down. Niall always did that whenever he got the chance. 

Snapping back to reality, I looked Harry up and down before taking the swimsuit and jogging down the steps. That's when I realized we were on a rooftop because as I looked up I could see the night stars shimmering against an all-black canvas in the sky. Okay -- that part was romantic. And I guess the hot tub part was too, but I would have preferred a bit of a heads up. 

I didn't really know where to go to change, so I just squatted behind the hot tub and removed my jeans and T-shirt, feeling a bit self-conscious as the evening breeze nipped at my naked skin. I pulled the swim trunks on -- they were a pale blue color and ended a little above my knees -- and then I jogged back up to the steps. Harry had apparently worn his bathing suit under his joggers because he was now removing them to reveal a metallic, neon-pink pair of Speedos. 

Oh my god. No fucking way. 

"Harold, what the fuck are you wearing?" I snorted, climbing behind him and grabbing him by the hip bones. I gave them a slight squeeze, the elastic material of the Speedo stretching against my fingers, and then pulled back, feeling a tinge of guilt ripple through my muscles. The last person I had touched like that was Zayn -- not too long ago. 

"Yes, I'm sure you love my sexy Speedos," he said, climbing into the hot tub and shaking his bum a bit. Then, he jumped in and immersed himself completely, letting his head go under and then popped back up, his curls wet and his face dripping. Hot tamale, I was ready. 

I followed in after him, but only went in up to my shoulders. I had toussled my hair pretty strategically for our date, and I didn't want to jeopardize it -- not yet at least. 

"So believe it or not, but I brought you up here to help show you that I can tell the truth. That I can be honest and vulnerable. I'm going to tell you a bunch of things about myself tonight. And the first one actually has to do with water -- the pool specifically. But I couldn't rent out a pool for the night -- I tried. This is my friend Greg's hot tub. It'll have to do instead," Harry said, his eyes locked on mine. I felt a smile creep across my lips and resisted the urge to move closer to Harry. We were already only a few inches apart.