Tales from the Gore Orphanage

Orphans in the Woods - The First Story 

My wife, daughter and I visited Gore Orphange on October 26, 1999. Our experience is as follows: We went there not to really find anything, just for shits and giggles. Most people commonly believe that the bridge and the field on the right is the site. It is not. If you pass the field you will come to a wooded area. There you will find a 4 foot tall sandstone pillar that marked the entrance to the orphanage. We parked our car and got out and went about twenty feet from the road where the pillar stands. You might have to look hard, because it's easily missed. As soon as you step in the woods you have a feeling of being watched. And a sadness envelopes you. We went there in the middle of the day (4PM approximately). It was cool and crisp. No fogs or mists (at least not yet!).

Immediately upon entering the area we heard above our heads, in the trees above, a squeaking door open and heavy footsteps. This repeated itself three times. The door sounded like one of those really heavy oak ones and the footsteps sounded like heavy steps on hardwood floors. At this point we went back to our car and got our tape recorder and our camera. We placed the recorder on the sandstone pillar. We then took several pictures. As I took the pictures, mists began to come around. We heard the dull roar of a fire and crackles of the flames. I heard mumbling voices.

My wife became extremely uncomfortable and we went back to our car. As we drove off, I asked my wife to stop the car and I unrolled my window. There stood a young boy. He had blond hair and he was about seven years old. He was wearing ragged old clothes (a red sweater and dark pants). He sneezed. I asked him his name and he said, "Jacob." He appeared scared and looking for something. As we left he stood in the middle of the road and waved bye. As we passed the bridge, we taped again.

Later that day, we had our pictures developed. In the background you can see 4 childrens' faces and a man in the distance in the woods. I wonder if the man is the one that you speak of. He looked very ominous. The ominous man showed up in every shot. Later after reviewing the recordings, we heard the dull roar through the whole tape (and no it was not windy) about four minutes into the tape there is about three minutes of mumbling, somebody saying "Help me" and screams (about six). You can hear the door open in the beginning, "Jacob" saying his name and also Jacob's sneeze. There is no way that we could have made these noises. We were in complete due to the awe that we felt. While at the site we did not hear the screams or the voices. We are going to get the pictures enlarged to poster sizes to get a better view.

Later we found on our car tiny handprints. And on the drivers side window there was Richard written from the inside of the car. 

Voices on the Radio 

I live in Barberton Ohio. On the night of Febuary 28th, we decided to go to Gore Orphanage. We took a camcorder and a digital camera just in case. Unfortunately, we couldnt find the Orphanage. But we did expierence some really freaky events.

We first started by parking at a corner right by the bridge, because we didnt know how much farther to go. We started walking and we had walkie talkies with us that we had communicated with while we were driving there. We all had them off, and as we were walking, the walkie talkies came on and we heard some one say "No one will come to help you." It's very hard to believe, but we heard it. Knowing we are only teenagers, we ran. We were scared out of our wits. When we stopped to take a breather, (our walkie talkies still off) some one comes on the walkie talkies again and says "Hurry." The voice of both of these terrifying messages was a woman.

We got back in the cars and decided to drive further up the road. We stopped a little before the gate, though we didn't know where the gate was at first. We noticed something in the snow. They could have been deer tracks. But they were in the shape of a small shoe--a shoe about the size of my palm. We walked up farther, where we ran into the gate and a house to the right. We noticed movement up on the hill to the left--very quick movements. We could not hear them, so it couldnt have been deer...so we were freaked out more. We worked up our guts, and made our way into the woods. We never found the sandstone pillar, or the base of the burnt down area. But our radios kept coming on and making very loud, high-pitched ringing noises, and we kept hearing people walk around.