Cold

CHAPTER THREE

Music blared as I walked past the tinted entrance doors. It felt like a club than a bar. I wondered if there really was a comedy live show at all. Then I saw the yellow poster that read:

NIGHT LIVE COMEDY

MARCH 1st - APRIL 15th

10 PM - 12 AM

The girls walked in after me and went ahead to get a table closest to the stage. I groaned. I rather sit in the back, away from all the obnoxious people. Dealing with it, I sat in the metal chair and rested my elbows on the circle shaped wooden table. Rose sat and leaned in shouting over the loud music, "Do you want a beer?"

I waved my hand, "No thanks, I don't drink."

"Really?" Her eyes widened a little. But she let it go, walking back to her sister at the bar.

"Raspberry tea would be nice."

Kelly nodded, ordering for me to one of the waiters she seem to know well.

Rose walked over with empty glass cups and smiled, "I might just try that too. It's probably best that I stay away from beer."

Grace went to the bar and grabbed the pitcher of beer. As she walked over, Kelly spoke up.

"Do you mind? My hands are full."

I nodded, eager to do something instead of just sitting there like a lost puppy.

"I already paid, don't worry." Kelly replied.

"Thank you."

I stood and walked over to the bar to grab the tea. It took a couple of minutes since there were so many people ordering. I didn't mind the wait though, gave me time to think. I scanned the room. It was big and classy. There was a combination of antique and modern furniture with florescent lights that changed to every colors from the rainbow. Their uniform was the same but with a twist of color coded shoes. Multiple couples walked in and out, some were group of older women and late teens like myself.

Something caught my attention in the corner of my eye. I turned and saw a group of men walking towards the bar. I couldn't help but notice that they all screamed 'Danger!' Their height matched to perfection which was a little odd. It was the pale skin that made me think they were brothers. Other than that their features were completely opposite. It reminded me of one of those fanfiction I read. Walking in and grabbing everyone's attention. One had chestnut brown hair that looked ruffled while he wore ripped jeans, heavy boots, and what looked like a duster. I couldn't make out the writing on his red t-shirt, but I guessed it said 'Free Hugs'. His hazel eyes seemed to glow in the dimly lit bar. The other two sported black hair, neatly pushed back while one had blue eyes and the other dark green.

I squinted, the more I stared I noticed they all wore the same thing beside blue eyes. He wore a dress shirt with a undone red tie. Something about these men seemed oddly familiar. I brushed it off, there was no way I met them before. They stood out. A little too much. They wouldn't be able to keep themselves hidden even if they wore scrubs as clothing. They were all gorgeous. I shook my head, gorgeous wasn't even the right word.