Visions

CHAPTER FOUR (Preview)

             Even though it wasn't an introduction of sorts, I now knew his name. Odd name at that too, I narrowed my eyes at the tall guy called Elijah who was rubbing his head from being hit by one of the others he was with last night. His dark hair was long and messy as it was loosely put in a ponytail. His posture seemed stiff and his green eyes looked at me with what seemed like worry. I could feel the blood slowly making its way down my face as Elijah ran up to me yanking me to the campus infirmary. Sort of déjà vu almost, knowing I've been in this situation before with two men pulling me along to safety. Except it felt like they were bringing me to a man instead, a man that I knew for centuries. I could see a faint almost vision forming on two tall men laughing along, the bright sun blocking most of my vision but I can faintly hear them calling a name that I've once heard in my dreams.

"Valerie."

Not realizing I said it out loud, Elijah spoke up.

"Is that your name?" He said, his mouth forming in a thin line, his eyes sparking an emotion I couldn't quite understand.

"Oh, um.. no." I mumbled apologetically, looking down at my feet. My head was pounding and I could barely keep my balance with how fast these two were moving.

Elijah cocked his head to the side and smiled. "Speaking of names, I'm Elijah. You are?"

My cheeks warmed, looking back down I mumbled, "Ezra."

I could barely hear it myself, but their hearing seemed just fine since they called me by my name in greeting and continued their path to the nurse's office.

As we got to the entrance doors, one of the secretaries looked up at my face and paled. What she did next stunned me as I watched her grab a sign in binder from the front desk and hit Elijah.

"What's with everyone hitting me, not only that but you just assume I did this?"

The nurse scoffed, "Well did you!?"

Elijah looked away and frowned.

The nurse rolled her eyes and hit him a second time. "That's what I thought!"

Turning her attention to me, she walked up and surveyed the damage. "I'll take you to Dr. Sazor in just a moment to help patch that up. Just give me your school ID and I'll sign you in."