Chapter 1 [EDITED AND CHANGED]

This story is inspired by the game I played with my friends when I was younger. I added a few twists here and there just to make the story more interesting. @lillifee9 is one of my friends who played that game with me, so I’m dedicating this to her! Be sure to check out her stories too! The song on the side is the song for The G Battles!!! It’s Sandstorm by Darude!!! @lilifee9 and I agreed on the song, and I just think it matches the battling this story will have! BUT! I DO NOT OWN THE SONG!!! Anyways, this is for the Adventure Watty Awards 2012, so be sure to support me in any way you can!!! Thanks!!! Enjoy the first chapter! :)

---

Part One: Training to Become a Master

Chapter 1

“W-where am I?”

   I heard roaring flames quickly followed by a whipping noise. I was violently thrown back by something that had overwhelming heat. I crashed into something hard, and the crash forced my eyes open. However, all I saw was red; red everywhere. I blinked; not believing what I saw was real. The redness disappeared and I was met with a ball of flames. The fire hissed at me, and the heat was unbearable. I screamed on the top of my lungs, as a thick, green vine with prickly thorns started whipping the flames away. The fire extended its flames towards me, offering its warmth, but the vines were swirling around in all direction, blocking the flames. The flames disappeared and the vine was gone as well.

   I was on a bright, green field of grass. A few feet away, right in front, was a wise looking turtle that had a straw hat on his head. A staff was held in his hand, supporting his weight. I gasped as small embers, started shooting towards the turtle. I covered my face with my hands (or I thought was hands), not wanting to see what would happen next. I heard a sizzling noise, possibly the sound of fire being extinguished, so I believed the fire was gone. I cautiously opened one eye, and there right in front of the turtle, was a tall, dirt wall. Confused, my other eye opened instantly. How did that dirt wall get there? Did the wall block the embers? I forced the questions out of my mind, and focused more on my surroundings.

   The dirt wall somehow collapsed back into the ground, and a fresh layer of grass quickly grew over the large patch of dirt. It looked like nothing happened there. Then, the turtle did a series of hand motions, and a few moments later, sharp, stone, pebbles, shot out of his hands. I followed the pebble’s direction, and the pebbles crossed this “border”. On the other side of the “border” was dead grass; everything there was colorless and lifeless, and it was night. On the other hand, the side I was on was colorful, lively, and it was day. I kept following the pebble’s path, and the pebbles were shooting straight at this figure. The figure was black and wispy, like a ghost, and it had blood red eyes. If you looked closely in the red eyes, it almost seemed as if there were flames igniting in them. The sharp stones were about to hit the dark figure, however, deadly claws with flaming tips, slashed the rocks. The claws sharpened, and gleamed off the moonlight. My gaze on the dark figure trailed off to a bird. The bird itself was flaming; on fire. Its talons were curled and at the ends was a glowing red. Its eyes had many different shades of red, making the bird look more devilish and dangerous. The flame bird flapped one wing, and fire balls were targeting the turtle. Medium sized rocks started shooting into the fire balls. When they met, there was an explosion, and I started coughing as smoke clogged my throat. My eyes were watering, and I tried to walk. I took one step forward, but tripped over a burning coal, that also burnt my foot. I yelped as I met the hard, dirt floor. My vision was hazy, and then two sides of my vision blurred together as I saw total darkness.

***

   I awakened, and before I even opened my eyes, I felt stares on me. I blinked my eyes open and I saw the turtle staring at me in concern. Why is he concerned? Was he possibly concerned because of… me? I looked to my right side and saw a dark blur. I blinked again, and it was that dark figure. Just its eyes itself sent chills down my spine. I quickly turned my head to the other side, and saw the flame bird there. I screamed, but I managed to make it small so it sounded more of a whimper. I looked at everyone again, and had a puzzled look on my face.