Chapter 2: Bound

I woke up staring at a ceiling with a hanging light, the light was dim, dusty. I was in a heavy chair. My arms were bound to the arms rest, my legs were bound together, my chest bound to the back of the chair. Surrounding the small area of dim light was pure darkness. I tried to move, my body felt heavy. I strained my arms, my wrists bruising.

I heard a door open and close, there was a beam of light, but only for a second. A few more hanging lights turned on, the dim lights gave me nothing about where I was. My surroundings were just a dark abyss. I heard a noise and suddenly there was a person clad in black approaching.

“Holding me hostage?” I asked, my throat dry. I had no idea how long I was out, how long I was here. The figure approached, a bottle with a straw in hand, a table with wheels being pulled from behind. “How about you let me go?” I suggested.

“Consider yourself lucky I’m giving you water. The last few were quite dehydrated.” The man said, a rough voice. The same rough voice. I tried to struggle again. I caught a light to the left in my eye. In the centre of the beam on the floor, there was a chair and a body in a similar position like mine…but that body was dead. I looked around, there were two other corpses.

“What do you want with me?” I asked. The table stopped, he placed the bottle down, the straw facing me and in reach.

“Don’t worry, it’s not poisoned.” The man said, clearly amused by this. I wouldn’t risk it. Not at all. I tried to get a clear view of the man’s face, but it was too dark. He stood perfectly in order to conceal his face.

What do you want with me?” I repeated, almost a snarl. I could see the rapid rise and fall of his chest as he chuckled. “Tell me.” I ordered.

“You bit me pretty hard.” The man said, I noticed a red splotched wrap of gauze on his wrist.

“Good.” I said harshly. A hand grabbed my face roughly, I winced. He came close. I could see his face, sharp features, some facial scruff, and piercing blue eyes. Eyes of a killer. His fingers were bruising me. I stared at him, taking in every feature. I needed to remember.

“I’m surprised you’re not crying and begging for your life, agent.” The man hummed, he sounded delighted.

“You stalking me now?” I asked. He smirked. “Or do you watch everyone you kill?”

“Do you think I killed these people?!” The man asked in mock surprise. I narrowed my eyes. “Okay, that’s not even a question.” He said, he grabbed my face tighter. “I won’t kill you yet, agent.”

“What do you want with me?” I asked again. He smiled crookedly and tightened his grip.

“I plan on keeping you around, see how long you last.” He hummed. I could feel bruising along my jaw. “Maybe torture you a little.” He added. He let go and moved the tray closer. “Now drink up, you’re gunna need it.” He purred. I watched as he crouched down, I felt cold hands fish into my pockets. I squirmed a little, he pulled my phone out.

“Can’t we talk this out?” I asked. He unlocked my phone, punching in the code. The fact he knew the code made me even more uneasy. How long was he watching me?

“Your brother is Sam, right? Or maybe even ‘Sammy’.” He asked, he rested on my knee and looked up at me.

“Leave him alone.” I said in a stern tone. He looked amused again.

“Mind if I send him a text? Maybe make him think you’re fine? Or maybe make him worry and have people search for you!” He said. He went into my message roster. I had fifteen texts from Sam. I struggled some.