Ch.5-Surprises are supposed to be fun...

Its been two months since this incident has happened, and everyday the same thing has happened. If its not a cat it's a dog, if its not a dog it's a bird, if its not a bird it's a squirrel and so on and so on.

After the first day of finding a dead cat's body on my doorstep, the head of the cat appear outside of my bedroom window with a note attached to it saying 'I love you forever...'. I was getting really tired of this, Travis is killing incident animals just because he wants me back.

My parents have been getting angry and worried about this too, so they're thinking about transferring me to another school away from Travis, somewhere where he can't find me. I'm not too happy about it but if it means to be away from Travis then I'm okay with it.

Thankfully, we have a week off school for Thanksgiving. So, that means no Travis for a whole week.

My parents and I were in our kitchen discussing what we are going to do for Thanksgiving break. We want to go away, somewhere far from this town, anywhere to help us, especially me, forget about the last couple of months.

"How about we go visit my sister in Washington?" mom suggested placing a cup of coffee in front of dad.

I groaned at her suggestion. "Not Aunt Lacy," I groaned. "I don't like her especially her spoiled brats of a daughter and song. I swear, every time we visit them, I always have the urge to beat the crap out of her two children."

"That is true, just because she's rich doesn't mean she has to spoil her two children. I mean, Lacy is such a bitch sometimes," dad stated. Mom was giving him a look when he finished, a look that said 'don't say that about my sister' kind of look.

I laughed as I got up from my sea. "I'll be right back." I walked up to my room to grab my cellphone because Madison was going to call me so we could hang out later.

Right when I opened my bedroom door, I headed to my bed and grabbed my cellphone but a certain voice shocked me.

"Surprise, Sky," I screamed as I turned around. Travis was in my room, uninvited. He shut and locked the door, placing a chair under the knob.

I tried dialing for help on my phone but nothing, the call wasn't going through. I didn't understand why...

Travis turned towards me with a smirk plastered on his face. My heart was beating at a rate of 1,000 miles per hour. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't find my voice. I did the only thing that came to my mind...I ran towards my window, but Travis grabbed a hold of my hair and pulled me back as hard as he could.

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled as loud as I possibly could.

"Shh, shh, Sky, this is only between you and me," Travis whispered in my ear.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I questioned him as I struggled to get away from him but he had a firm grip on my hair.

"Because I love you, Sky," Travis answered sweetly giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"But I don't love you," I stated firmly. "What can't you understand about that?"

"Then...if you won't love me, you won't love anyone anymore." Travis pulled out a knife from his jeans pocket and pushed me firmly onto my bed as he got on top of me.

My parents were banging and yelling outside of my door trying to open it but it wouldn't budge. I yelled back to them saying that Travis was here and that was enough to send them to call the police.

Travis was on top of me with his left hand choking me and his right hand gripping the knife. I was losing air, fast, I kept clawing and struggling to get him off of me but he wouldn't move, not even an inch of movement.

Travis first cut my left arm, deeply. I wanted to scream out in pain, I could feel the feel the cold blood oozing down my arm. He then gave me two cuts on my other arm, and one on the side of my cheek.

Travis was still choking me down, making my vision become blurry with black dots.

"You know, Sky," Travis started as he softly dragged the tip of the knife down my neck, "from the first moment I laid my eyes on you at school, I knew you were the one for me but now your saying you don't love me anymore," Travis laughed softly then began to raise the knife above his head ready to stab my heart. "You should have never said you don't love me anymore." Right when he was going to stab my heart, my bedroom door burst open, it was the cops. Before the cops could do anything, Travis jumped out of my window in a flash that I couldn't even see him leave.

I coughed trying to get the air back into me as I tried to sit up but the pain from my arms stopped me from moving.

"Sky," mom cried as she ran towards me. She saw the cuts on my arms and the finger marks around my neck that were made by Travis. Mom cried even more as she helped me sit up.

Dad ran to my bathroom and got me some towels to help stop some of the bleeding on my arms until the ambulance arrives.

One of the police officers asked me if I could come downstairs for some questions about what had happened tonight and maybe they would be able to catch Travis. I just nodded as my response, anything to help capture him.

Dad carried me downstairs to the living room and sat me down on the couch, I realized that I was shaking a bit from the trauma that just happened.

Right when the officer started questioning me, the ambulance came and helped me with the cuts on my arms.

The officer asked me questioned about Travis like "who was the guy that attacked me?" "When did this all start?" "What's his personality like?" questions like that.

I answered every question truthfully, hoping they can help me with all of this mess just from one ex-boyfriend. I've had ex-boyfriends in the past and you don't see them trying to kill me just because I didn't "love" them anymore.

The officer wanted to talk to my parents so while they talked in the kitchen. The medics help finished treating my cuts.

I thought surprises were supposed to be fun, not horrifying, painful and questioning, I thought as I laid down on the couch tired from everything that happened tonight.