Ch.4-Everyone Loves Animals...Well Not Everyone

I started walking to the front door while I got my keys out of my jeans pocket but as I got to door I saw something on my doorstep that made me scream my lungs out.

There was a decapitated cat on my doorstep, the one I saw walking down the street when Madison was driving me home.

The scene of the cat, decapitated on my front doorstep was just...terrible. Whoever did this was just crazy and heartless. The body of the cat was separated from its head, blood dripping out from its body and head, but the head was nowhere to be found. I wanted to throw up but nothing would come out only the screams of my terror. Something was carved into the cat but I couldn't tell because there was too much blood. I backed away from the cat and ran away from the scene.

My screams of terror must have been heard from my neighbors because they came rushing out of their house wondering what was going on. They all came rushing towards me when they saw I had blood on my hands, some started calling the police but I didn't do anything I just stood there in shock from what just had happened.

I sat down on the driveway with my legs pulled up against my chest, tears streaming down my eyes, cat blood on my hands and jeans. I was in too much shock that I didn't even hear the sirens of the police cars, the sound of my parents running towards me and asking me what happened but I couldn't speak, the only thing that came out of my mouth were "dead cat, blood..." it sounded like nonsense but my parents seemed to understand when they saw the scene of the cat for themselves.

"Sky, honey," mom said trying to get my attention. I wasn't paying much attention, I was still in shock.

"She seems to be in shock, you know how much she loves animals and for her to see this," dad explained to mom.

"True, I think we should get her to her room so she can sleep," mom suggested. Dad just nodded and picked me bridal style.

Before we went into the house, I saw the cops picking up the body of the cat and putting it into a trash bag along with the head. More tears fell from my face. Dad calmed me down, helping me control my tears but it wouldn't work.

Mom and dad took me up to my room and laid me down on my bed. They kissed me good night and walked out of my room, turning off the light. I couldn't go to sleep, I turned my body so it would be facing the wall.

I knew I didn't have to question who could have done this, I know it was Travis. He knows how much I love animals and for me to see this would just break me. Travis wants me to be broken so broken that I would have to take him back but that would never happen. I don't know what might happen tomorrow but I will not break, that is one thing that I won't do.