The Pink Ali - Chapter 1

"Get your very own Purple Ali serum today!" I traced my fingers over the bold Comic Sans text in my 70s comic book. I checked to see if there was a due by date and luckily there wasn't any. My hopes are currently up. I know it's 2012 but I can't help if I want to get things that are like forty years old. The price was kind of high for this time era but it's okay I just got my paycheck today. Anyways I would want the respect from the comic book store a.k.a. my job, I would get like a infinity respect marks for having a 70s Purple Ali collectors item. Respect points well needed, I made a complete fool of myself yesterday. 

I fill out the basic information, making my handwriting as neat as possible. I run to get a envelope and some stamps. I put the ad in and the fifteen dollars. I feel like a kid again I haven't turned in one of these in weeks! I run outside and jump on my bike to the post office and back, I caught some major air that luckily didn't result in my death, while running away from my neighbor's Satan spawn poodle.

How I hate that adorable dog. I look to see my grandma walking back from the grocery store,I live in a small town so everything is close together so it's not that far to walk. I run over there. God I've been doing a lot of running today. 

"Hi grandma! Need some help?" I ask sweetly.

"Oh, just hold this gallon of milk would you?" She asked and I took the milk with a 'Ompth' This was heavy. Wow I'm a weakling. I ask her about her day, it mostly contained of erins and working at the library, she has been working there for over 20 years. I told her of my day which was reading comic books and mailing in that order.

"Another one?" She asked. I get those mail in offers quite often, and most of the time they don't come since they are from the old comics. 

"Yeah grandma." I replied, we got to our small two bedroom home. Just enough for me and her. My parent's are brain dead in a skydiving accident. I happened when I was little so I don't really remember them, it's too depressing to see them, and I'm fine with grandma even though she's a bit kooky.

We both put all of the grocery's away and I head over to my room, it's filled of various superhero posters, bunch of action figures and shelves full of my life, comic books. I go on my computer and log on to my regular chat rooms full of geeks and nerds. My kind of people.

This is really the only place I'm myself other than the comic store. I have a anti-social disorder. I don't like other people around me for any reason. That's why I hate school. I'm not sure why but I don't like people touching me, direct eye contact, or complements. I'm definitely a paranoid freak. So that's why I throw myself to chat rooms with some friends. Any other person would find this sad, but I love it. 

We talk about the normal things, like the new Purple Ali movie coming out. I find the actor who plays Purple Ali quite hunky. All of the guys said how revolting that is, but of course I don't really care. Also the flirting and the romantic offers from various users which I decline.

After my daily social hours are done I head to I jump on my bed, snuggle mt E.T. stuffed animal and drift on to sleep.

~(@)~

I woke up peacefully, with my phone's alarm clock acting like a bee and buzzing. There's not much to do in the morning, for me. It's not like I'm the popular girl of the school and I'm actually suppose to care if I look nice or not. So for now I brush my long brown hair, slip on a Batman t-shirt and some boot cut jeans with regular black high top converse. Hey I kinda match today. I look outside and it pouring, I bet a old man snoring couldn't sleep through this!

I go to the kitchen grab some 'cereal' or what I like to call sugar cardboard! I always wake up earlier than I have to because I like watching The Cosby Show at five in the morning. Grandma is usually at the library now. I laughed at the punchline, when a huge thunderous knock came on the door. Me being the mouse I am got scared and looked through the peephole. There's no one there. The rain is heavy and loud and thunder starts. After of twenty minutes I decide to open the door and see if there's anyone out there, maybe their car is broken down . . . I open and look around there is a small package that is starting to get wet. I quickly grabbed it and looked around one more time.

I guess it's my package, that's weird I usually don't get these kinds of things for about weeks or even months. I take a knife and open it up. There are old 70s newspaper shreddings in here, for like bubble wrap I guess . . . I'm starting to get freaked out now. I unwillingly stick my hand in the small box and fell a small bottle, I grab it out. It was the serum, but the weird thing is it's pink. Oh no they gave me Purple Ali's girlfriend serum! Nobody likes her! Wow this sucks big time, I look to see maybe if there is another bottle. There's nothing except for a small cheesy note. 

The Purple Ali Co. is not responsible for any mishappings, enjoy your candy serum and fight the communist! 

I frown, my spirit is broken or the time being. I take a last look of the small bottle, it looks pretty tasty . . . no! I can't eat that candy, it's from the seventies! I check for a expiration date there was none. The raging impulse side of me came out. I take the small little cork off the bottle and chug it down. The flavor savored in my mouth, it tasted like something indescribable. It was delicious and amazing! I let it stay in my mouth as long as possible until it finally went way.

Never mind that was so worth fifteen dollars . . . mmhmm I want to buy more. Maybe I could order some on their website, tasting this good they probably still sell it. I go on and check there was nothing. Aw that sucks. . . I check the time and it was dreadfully time to go to school.

I put on a sweater and a raincoat in case. I go to the only high school in town Water Valley High. It was okay I guess, I don't really get bullied because I'm labeled as the nice nerdy girl so no one picks on me.. Everyone was really nice but I didn't talk mostly because of my disorder. 

I arrive and lock up my bike and head over to my locker, some people wave 'Hi' I wave back to be nice but I never actually talked to one of them. I put all my stuff in the locker when I close It someone is leaning right next to my locker staring at me. Of course I get quickly startled, that's one thing I hate and can't control getting scared for no reason. It was the school's 'Rebel' he was always nice to me, which I was always suspicious why.

"So you go here huh?" He asked using direct eye contact which I hate. I stare down at my shoes and nod yes.

He laughed which made me even more scared to the point I'm shaking. "Don't be scared pretty mouse I only wanna go out with you." The bell rang, I was more than grateful for, I acted like a ninja all day because of this. When school was over I rushed home opened the door slammed it and let myself drop. I started to cry, why do I have to be like this?! I don't do it on purpose .  . . I really need to change . .  . I wish I was like you Purple Ali.