Epilogue

Will

William Marksbury was now (unofficially) the happiest guy on earth. With Emily nestled against him, warm, safe and human again, Will knew that right now, he had found his place. He felt in his pocket for the small box, relieved when he found it was still there. Stroking the velvet for luck one last time, he nudged Emily gently, whose eyes flew open where they had been closed. She looked curiously up at him, and he whispered quietly into her ear. "Come with me?" he asked, and she nodded, slightly intrigued by the mystery of it all. Together they stood, and left the circle of firelight, hands swinging between them as they made their way back to Emily's car. "Where to sir?" Emily asked in a mock deep voice, climbing behind the wheel, and ushering Will in beside her. "You know the place," Will whispered in her ear again, and Emily's eyes widened slightly, now thoroughly interested. They drove in contented silence, comfortably to just be in each other's company, their hands still holding each other's on the seat between them. When the reached the top of the dirt track down to the beach, Emily excitedly jumped out, pulling off her grey Converses and socks and running down through the scrub to the inky blue ocean beyond. She ran over the golden sands, followed closely by Will, until they both reached the sea and splashed in, laughing and spraying each other with the salty water. When they were tired Will dragged Emily up to their special place, now filled with both the bad and the good memories of the past. They sat on the edge of the cliff and watched the sunset, having timed their arrival just perfectly. They sat close together, Emily's head resting heavily on Will's shoulder, watching the beautiful scene before them. As the sky began to darken however, Emily noticed Will reach into his pocket, and her curiosity piqued. "What's in there?" she asked, and she frowned slightly as Will pulled her to standing. They faced each other, Will nervous and Emily expectant, until suddenly, Will got down on one knee, and pulled out a small jewellery box clothed in velvet.

Emily

Emily's heart caught in her throat, and she gasped, a short intake of breath that whooshed through her lungs like a cyclone. "Emily Jean Fitzgerald, ever since I met you I have known that one day we would come to this point. That first time I saw you, you looked so sad, and yet so beautiful, and I wanted to make you happy again. Over these years, we've shared moments of hardship and beauty like no other couple, and yet you're still crazy enough to stay with me, through it all. So, Emily Fitzgerald, what I'm trying to say is, will you marry me?" Will smiled, opening the antique box and showing Emily a beautiful ring made from diamonds, old but still elegant, and perfect for Emily. She closed her eyes, as the tears began to flow down her cheeks. "William, you can't just spring a proposal on me like that! I need more time to think!" Emily laughed, and Will's forehead crinkled into a frown. "No wait, I've thought it through. And yes, GOD YES is my answer!" Emily screamed into the starry sky, and they both began to laugh as they embraced, the fireworks shooting past the winking stars as they kissed. Will slipped the delicate diamond ring onto Emily's finger, and as it slid into place, so did the universe.

THE END?

Hey guys,

HOORAY IT"S OVER!!!! OH NO IT"S OVER! Told you it'd be finished soon. I know it's sad, but please, no tears or tissues! Who knows, maybe there's still another part of Will and Emily's fairytale to explore! Until then, thanks for all your dedication and support, you guys are BRILLIANT! I promise that I will begin on my new story ASAP (title and preview to be released in the next couple weeks) but for now I think I might take a break from writing, not a long one though, I'll be back before you know it! School holidays are on the near horizon (3 more days to go WOOHOO!!!) so that's going to be great! Anyway, enough of my gushing, enjoy the last chapter and I'll be back soon! LOVE YA!!!

BB99 ;)