Memory Three: First Love

• Dedicated to Koong Koong

Emily

The past few months for Emily had been tinged with gold. Nothing could dampen the happiness she felt as she woke up every day knowing that she would be seeing Will. Every moment spent with him felt like paradise in a bottle, and every time the moments ended their goodbyes were filled with sadness. Will and Emily were the talk of the school. Everyone seemed to want to know about it, and Emily and Will could hardly go anywhere anymore without being overrun with question after question, though Emily didn't really mind. They had now gone on their third date, all of them the same, but all of them amazing. Each night ended with a kiss that never ended, and when Emily got home she could still taste Will on her lips. Her mum had noticed the change in her, but she didn't care about all the stirring, as long as she knew her mum approved. It was on their fifth date that it happened. They were sitting in their special place on the cliffs when it happened. Will turned to Emily and said something that would change their lives forever. "I love you," he whispered quietly in her ear, but to Emily, it was like he had screamed it out to the whole world, shouted it from the highest building and written it in the stars. She smiled, and whispered it back, and she knew it was the truth, that every particle of her being was his, no matter what.