three weeks before

[ february 2 of 2018 - three weeks before ]
grayson | chapter two: stage two

VIVIAN FISHER sat in the library with her nose dug deep into a book. her clear framed glasses hung from the brink of her nose while she mumbled incoherently as she flipped pages.

"hey fisher, what'cha reading?" asked grayson as he sat in front of her.

vivian barely looked up from her book, making sure to stay in the suspense mood. "turtles all the way down."

"what's it about?" grayson glanced at vivian through his thick eyelashes.

vivian's mouth moved but no words formed to come out. vivian's eyes never came off the pages that she held before her, not even to quickly glance at the multiple messages she was receiving.

in one quick swift movement grayson grasped the book from her hand, caused her to release a yelp of surprise. "i think you've done enough reading for today nerd."

"grayson what the hell!" squealed vivian. she jumped across the table trying to snatch the book of out his grasp, which happened to no avail. "grayson please!"

"only you kiss me on the cheek — for five seconds and i'll count too." proposed grayson.

vivian scoff and rolled her eyes. she had no other choice but to give in. "if you mention this to a soul, i will single handily kill you. i'll make sure to make it seem you skipped town or something."

"deal."

grayson watched as vivian inched closer to him. she innocently batted her eyelashes and slowly played a smile onto her lips. with her lip just grazing the fuzziness of his cheek. just when her lip was going to press onto his cheek, he felt a wet substance following up from his jawline to the corner of his eye.

startled, grayson jumped back and watched vivian mock him. "fisher, what the hell! why'd you lick me?"

vivian fished her copy of the book from his seat and walked back to her seat, firmly holding the book close to her. "do that shit again and i'll bite instead of licking you."

"as if me, or anyone after i tell them how gross you are, would ever want to be with you." grayson joked.

soon a blank expression overcame her once bubbly one. a small wave of sadness flickered onto her face before retrieving back to a mutual face. her soft brown pupils dilated and clouded with a tone of sadness. the cause of the sudden impact is unknown.

"hey, look at me. i'm sorry." apologized grayson. a frown rested on his godly carved face.

vivian quickly plastered a fake smile, even threw in a little laugh to make it more believable. "no it's cool, i was just thinking about something...else."

"what's up losers?" ethan yelled as he wrapped his arm around grayson's and vivian's shoulders. vivian's mood hadn't change, while grayson on the other hand scowled at his brother as he shrugged off his hand. "guess where we're hanging out tonight? that's right, at flyers' skate park"

"oh lit, i've been practicing new moves! i bet i can out play you." amused vivian suddenly. her once clouded soft brown eyes lit up with excitement.

"scoff, as if you'd ever out play the master himself." challenged ethan confidently.

"grayson will be the judge and you'll be blown away after knowing that i'm better than you!"

"wait a minute, what if i have better tricks that both of you combined? i feel like i deserve a turn as well." concerned grayson.

"fine, bring someone else to be the judge. won't matter anyways! i'll get better scores than both of you combined, how does it feel to get your ass handed by a girl?" vivian's small hands formed a microphone, she brought her hands under ethan's chin as she waited for any answer.

"really refreshing, we need more girls dominating in each field. even though i'm one hundred percent sure i'm going to win, it's a nice vision of a girl actually handing my ass!" spoke ethan into the 'microphone'.

"interesting, interesting." mused vivian. "and you grayson dolan? what's your opinion?"

"i belie—" started grayson before being stopped short.

"oh great, no one cares. well, that's all the time we have today folks. tune into next weeks edition of 'what's in my mouth?'" concluded vivian as she stared in the imaginary camera before bursting out laughing.

"oh my god, grayson's face is priceless. it was worth it, one hundred percent!" ethan cried out as they both continued laughing.

"ha ha, i'll meet you at the car. when you feel like you've grown into civilized people, please join me. otherwise you're going to hitchhike your way to flyers'." grayson rolled his eyes as he stood up and left the two children at the table. walking down the aisle, the laughter of the two children followed him all the way to his car. they had followed him closely while still laughing and even in the car and on their way to the skate park, they still were laughing.

"can you guess please shut up? yeah i understand it was funny to think you guys even cared a second asking about my view and opinion about fisher confidently thinking she could succeed a higher rank than us — not that i don't think she can, i actually hope she does." explained grayson suddenly.

the laughter in the car had subsided, vivian admirably looked at grayson from the back seat. "we weren't laughing at you, we long ago dropped that. we were laughing at the fact that ethan had taped a note on your back and you still haven't noticed!"

"what? when was this?" grayson leaned forward, pounding his hand on his back as he tried looking for the paper. "what does it say?"

"here let me help you," offered vivian as she tore the paper from his back. "it said 'kick this dork' and it's been there since this morning."

"no wonder steven was laughing at me this morning." groaned grayson as he pulled up to the parking lot. "now i have more of a dedication to beat both your ass ethan and yours too fisher."

"let's see, dolan. let's see."