7. First Encounter

7. First Encounter

A gleam of silver came out of the shadows first. The piece of metal curved as it hit more of the sunlight. Katie instinctively backed off, that is until she hit a wall. Peter on the other hand had already unsheathed his sword from his belt and stood in a position to fight.

"I hope you realize that you have nowhere to run." The deep male voice spoke through the shadows one last time before revealing his face. The most predominant thing about him was the hook of course, but the eyes, those pale blue eyes are what entranced Katie. She could see her own death in those eyes, could feel something faint coming up her spine, but this was no time to just lay down and take a fate. Katie knew she could always control her fate.

"If it isn't my favorite codfish." Peter spoke in a mocking voice, a smirk set on his lips.

"You have been caught by my hook once more Peter Pan." Hook retaliated.

Katie froze for a moment. Peter... Pan. She's heard that name before. Was it Smee? Must have been. He said not to get into danger. Especially stay away from the boys. The leader of those boys was Peter Pan. Where else has she heard this?

"And who's this? Another lost boy?" Hook froze for a moment, taking a better look at Katie from afar. He didn't realize that he was stepping closer until Peter's sword clashed with his hook, letting him go no further. "A girl. You managed to lure another one in? Has she heard of Wendy?"

That's where Katie knew that name. It was Wendy. She would always visit the orphanage, bring the children hope of better places where dreams are possible. One of these worlds was protected by Peter Pan. Neverland. How could Katie forget? Well its because she knew she had to grow up and she began to.

"I did not 'lure' her. I found her. And now if you'll excuse us, me and the lost boys are having a fun game of hide and seek." Peter rejected.

"We know its the same thing. Now if you don't mind us little girl, I'm going to kill Peter Pan." Hook spoke with fire in his voice.

"Like you can even get to me." Peter jumped off the ground and flew into the air. There wasn't much to where he could go, but he managed to evade all of Hook's swings. The game began to turn more serious the more the sword's swung and Katie couldn't think of what she could do. She was defenseless, just sitting in the corner of the room, waiting for one opponent to die. Of course she wasn't thinking that, she was just anticipating it just as much as Hook and Peter were.

Suddenly, the main doors opened and a couple of pirates ran in, you wouldn't think the terrified look on their faces meant anything, until you saw a couple lost boys running after them with guns.

Once they caught our sight, they were filled with joy. "We found you Peter!" They exclaimed at the same time, only to run back out of the room and yell it to the other boys on the ship. "We found them! We Win!"

Katie could have sworn the whole room just froze until the two boys ran back inside, gasped, muttered 'Hook,' and went to fight other pirates.

"So Peter, how do you wish to die?" Hook asked.

"I will not be the one who will die!" Peter yelled back and he plunged his sword forward. Katie didn't exactly see what happened, but Peter managed to stab Hook a bit above the hip. Again, the whole room froze.

"Beg for mercy Hook." Peter spoke with true strength in his voice, but it was only the strength of a boy. Hook did not respond in any way. "Say your prayers." Peter lifted his sword up into the air ready to strike, to kill his worst foe.

Katie was still caught up in the situation. She had no time to look around or to catch a breath. All she knew in that moment was that killing was wrong.

Just as Peter was lowering his sword, she ran up behind him and foolishly tried to grab the sword. But all it could do at that moment was slice through her hand. Exactly what happened. Peter felt this little force of friction and stopped the impact. He noticed the blood, but the question remained of where the blood came from. He looked around the room for Katie but could not find her. It was when he heard sobbing from below that he saw her.

Katie held her slit hands close to her body. Tears poured through her eyes, landing onto her torn clothes, mixing with the blood.

"What did you do?" Peter asked enraged at first, but his tone lowered quickly.

"Killing... is wrong. Why... would you... want blood on your hands? You are still... so young." Katie spoke between her sobbing.

"He has more blood on his hands than I do."

"Then you are... the better man. Lets... get out of... here." Katie tried to stand up, but she was losing blood fast.

"Here, let me help you." Peter came down and got Katie to her feet. "The Lost Boys have found us, so we can go."

"You think this is over?" Hook yelled from behind.

"For now." Peter spoke.

The pair walked out onto the deck and saw the pirates and Lost Boys fighting. "Attention!" Peter yelled. "We will head back to the clubhouse! You have looked well!"

The boys yelled out in cheerful voices. They had won, but so had Peter, in a moral sense of course. One way that he would never understand.

All the boys and Katie managed to fly back to the island. That was the long story short. The flight actually took longer than expected, including the facts that Katie just had to faint, and guess who had to carry her. The most confusing part for the boys to figure out was what to do after they got to the clubhouse. They didn't know how to heal and they couldn't exactly go to the Indians for help for certain... reasons.