6. Hiding and Seeking

"Peter!" Katie tried to yell over the wind. "Peter, where are we going?" There was probably a huge smile on her face. She felt so alive, so free.

"I know the perfect place to hide, but we are going to have to be very quiet. Do you like danger?" He asked with a grin planted on his own face.

"No. Not really."

"Too bad then. We are going to hide on the pirate ship. Tink should be giving the boys pixie dust but they will never come anywhere near there." As Peter spoke, he lowered closer and closer to the ground, to the endless Neverland Sea. Katie tried to reach for the water as they got closer. She remembered Mr. Smee whenever she saw the water. Sometimes she wondered if knowing Peter was wrong, if this was who he was talking about. Who would randomly ask about danger and then go hide in a dangerous place, just so that they won't be caught by the Lost Boys. It just seemed all too strange.

The wooden planks of the ship shifted and creaked under Katie. She felt heavy with guilt that she didn't understand. With each step she finally made it under the stairs and hid there. The pirates were everywhere she looked, trying to complete their tasks, yet there was nothing for them to do.

Peter calmly floated over to her and hid right beside her. There really wasn't much to do. And after about a minute, Peter began to be bored. He used his sword to carve into the wood.

"What are you doing?" Katie asked in an annoyed tone.

"I'm bored. Why can't the boys find us faster?" Peter said grimly.

"We'll you should of hid somewhere else then. They will never look here."

"But they will find us if we move."

"Then let's go explore the ship. I'm quite interested in fact to see what it looks like."

You could almost see the lightbulb pop up above Peter's head. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Let me guess- "

"Come on. There's no time to think." The still in unnamed boy to Katie strolled over to a door that would lead them further into the ship.

"What comes after two?" One of the lost boys yelled out as they all tried to think. Their faces scrunched, trying to grab a hint of any information as to what the answer was.

"I think it's been longer than ten." Another spoke up.

"Ten what?" Toodles asked.

"Lets just go."

"But that would be cheating.

"It's been long enough for them to hide."

"You think that girl can hide fast enough?"

"We need to count to ten."

"We don't even know how."

"We can't seek then."

"Yes we can."

"No we can't."

All the lost boys began a frenzy. Everyone of them was yelling at each other trying to figure out what to do. Tinker Bell was on a leaf, holding her stomach for laughing too hard. The whole situation escalated fairly quickly and the one emotion that filled her was joy, humorous joy.

She had enough of the arguing after a while and sprinkled some of her pixie dust on the boys and they began to float, not even realizing it, since their bickering wasn't even close to stopping.

"Hey guys!" One yelled out cheerfully.

"What now?"

"I think we can seek now."

And with those words, they all flew away in search of Peter and Katie. They dispersed through the whole island.

If anyone would have guessed, the numbers would keep popping up similar. But we aren't talking about numbers really, more about distance. Anyone could have easily said that Mr. Smee walked around the entire island. He followed any trail that would have led him to a new place. Find the girl, what an easy task, right? Apparently not. Smee was beginning to head back when he heard the lost boys bickering. He found nothing interesting of it until the word 'girl' popped up in the conversation. He slowly took his hat off as though he was attending his own funeral. 'Peter found Katie, she would want to be a part of them now. She wouldn't side with Captain Hook. Would she? I mean it would take some real convincing and it looks like they are playing a game already.' Smee thought to himself as he headed back to the beach. He watched as the lost boys dispersed through the air. 'They are probably playing hide and seek.'

"Are you sure this is safe?" Katie asked Peter cautiously.

"Of course it isn't. That's why it is more fun." Peter answered.

They headed further into the ship. A door led to a huge room, and inside were many different weapons. There were swords of all kinds, guns, and even a smaller slot for hooks. Katie instantly was attracted to a sword with a handle made of golden vines. She got closer to it and lifted it from the hilt on the wall.

"You can have it if you want." Peter spoke with no matter of what goes in the world.

"But it is not yours to give away." Katie rejected the offer.

"Hook wouldn't mind. He has no use for such a sword, it's only decoration. Now you would have all the purpose to carry it around, to use it in battle."

"I'd rather not fight. Thank you very much."

"Why not? I could teach you."

"I don't want to harm people, let alone kill them."

"Then take it for protection."

"Why would I need protection?"

"Pirates, Indians, Mermaids, wild animals. Neverland is wonderful, but don't think for one moment that it is safety. Plus, safety is no fun. Risking ones life for adventure is fun."

"You are insane."

"No, I'm brave, courageous, loyal, fun. I'm the best in the world."

"You're also dead." Spoke a deep rough voice from the distance.