Chapter 9: Conflict

A/N: Hey guys! Haven't posted for a couple days because my internet was down. But here's the next chapter! Sorry it's so short.

Spencer’s world was getting worse and worse. Now Lily was dating the same jerk that dated Jaclyn. He was pissed. They hardly even knew each other. He and Lily had history, and maybe that was his problem. Spencer started to see that he was never a dating option in Lily’s eyes and that he should give up now. I wish someone liked me.

Lily walked down the hall to greet Mark. He held her in his arms and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “How is my angel doing today?”

“Good,” she replied.

“So how are you feeling about us?”

“I don’t know yet. I think we should go on a date.”

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow night at 7 ok?”

“Alright see you then,” she smiled. As he walked away she got worried, What if he wants to meet my parents? I’ll be fine, she thought.

Dex gave Carmela a kiss as they went their separate ways to class. Cammie was walking down the hallway when she came face to face with Jaclyn.

“Um hi Jaclyn.”

“Hi druggie,” Jaclyn smirked.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“I saw you talking to josh yesterday. He was giving you drugs? Wasn’t he?”

“I have no clue what you’re talking about.”

“Cut the bullshit, Carmela. I’ve already reported you the school and they’re going to have your sorry ass expelled.”

“Ok. First of all, you’re just pissed because I’m dating your ex-boyfriend and second, I didn’t get any drugs from him.”

“You’re a lying tramp!”

“If anyone is the tramp here, it’s you.”

Jaclyn looked pissed. Cammie just rolled her eyes and walked away. “Don’t walk away from me you bitch!” The bell had already run and Cammie was going to be late. She got halfway down the stairs before Jaclyn started yelling again. “You’re going to be suspended and Dex is going to break up with you and-” She was walking backwards down the stairs to face Cammie and missed a step. She tumbled down the stairs and landed motionless at the bottom. “OH MY GOD! Jaclyn are you ok?”

“Get away from me!” A teacher came out to see what was happening. “What happened?” He asked.

“She was walking down the stairs with me and she fell.”

“Ok get to class. I’ll take her to the nurse.”

After school, Dex was driving Cammie home. She told him the story leaving the drugs part out. She didn’t want him to think she was still on weed.

“I hope she’s ok,” he said.

“She should be. She didn’t fall that far and she was still able to talk and get up.”

“Well that’s good, it’s her fault though.”

“Yeah,” the car became silent.

“Jaclyn. Wake up.” Jaclyn opened her eyes and saw the school nurse leaning over her. She felt a strong pain in her ankle. I must’ve fallen asleep in the nurse’s office. She remembered exactly what happened. I was mad at Cammie. I was yelling at her and I fell down the stairs.

“Jaclyn honey.”

“Yes?”

“I need you to tell me exactly what happened.”

She thought for a moment and had an idea. “Ok. I’ll tell you exactly what happened.”