Chapter 2: The New Kid

a/n: Hey guys! I said I'd post new chapters based on response and stuff, but I figured that I'd get more reviews if I posted more chapters and such. So  yeah! Enjoy!

Chapter 2

Dex pulled up in his dad’s 1975 red Mustang. As he stepped out of the car, he heard a couple girls squeal and a spotted a few guys checking out his car.

Obviously, Mustang was the right choice.

A couple girls quickly ran up to introduce themselves, making sure to fix their hair and cleavage before approaching. He heard a few names thrown around, such as Becky, Sarah, Kelly, and so on. But none of them really kept his attention. After collecting numerous phone numbers he headed to the front office to get his schedule.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Carmela’s world was still shiny and glorious from her high. She was so happy and giggly like this, she knew people liked her better this way but they didn’t know the cause.

After getting her books out of her locker, she walked to her next class, waving and saying hello to everyone she saw. When someone opened the door for her she practically skipped into the room. Everything was so great so fantastic, but suddenly getting worse. Her high was ending and she was about to go from her happy weed induced self, to her normal state of depression.

“Ok kids. It seems we have a new student in our class. Let’s all welcome Dexter.” the teacher said.

Some of the girls sighed and stared at him, but Carmela just rolled her eyes. Another stupid player.

“Dexter, you can sit next to her, right over there.”

Why did she have to point to me? Why do I have to have the only empty seat? When Gram swore her revenge when she found my stash she really meant it.

He walked over to her and sat down. “Hi, I’m Dex. What’s your name?” She just sat there, silent. Dex shifted uncomfortably and faced the front. The teacher then proceeded to call attendance, ending with, “Carmela Washington?”

“Here,” she mumbled.

“So your name’s Carmela? That’s so pretty.” Then she did something she hadn’t done naturally in a while, she smiled.

“Mr. Hawkins, would you kindly move your feet from the top of your desk?”

Mark rolled his eyes and moved his feet to a normal sitting position.

“ Now, let’s resume our lesson.” Mark crossed his arms and planted his face in them.

He hated math, for two reasons. It sucks and so does the teacher. She was a mean, ugly, old woman who had nothing to live for except for making kids miserable.

When the bell rang and he rushed to his locker. Before he could finish his combination, Jaclyn spun him around and gave him a kiss. “Tonight’s going to be great sweetie!”

He forced a smile and gave her a kiss, “You bet.” She gave him another kiss and walked away. She’s like a drug and why do I have to be addicted. He closed his locker and walked towards his next class.

Jaclyn sat down just in time for the bell to ring. Thank God I’m not late again.

“Let’s get started class!” Mrs. Cox said as someone walked in the room.

“Is this Mrs. Cox class?” A very attractive boy said.

“Yes, are you Dexter Rinehart?”

“I prefer to be called Dex.”

She rolled her eyes, “Well Mr. Rinehart, I know you’re new but from now on, tardiness will not be accepted in my class.” He nodded and sat at the first empty seat he saw.

Jaclyn tapped the girl next to her, “Who is that hottie?”

Lily, the girl sitting next to her, said, “Obviously, his name is Dexter and he’s new here.”

“Damn, he is fine.”

Lily rolled her eyes, “As if you need a new fuck buddy.”

Jaclyn slumped down in her chair, and tried to pay attention to the lesson. Somehow, she was going to get that boy, no matter what other people thought.

Spencer saw the new kid and he didn’t blame Lily for fawning all over him. He was more muscular, manlier, and more attractive than Spencer. But, that’s how Spencer’s life usually was. He was never good enough, for Lily, or any other girl. He was cute, but not in the I want to date you way. He’s tried to be more of a man, like his father wants, but his mother’s death will always leave him soft.

He shook these thoughts from his head and tried to pay attention to his science class.

When the bell rang, Dex got up and began to walk  out of class, when a girl stopped him. “I’m Jaclyn, and you are?”

This girl was pretty hot. “Dex,” he said with a wink.

She giggled and batted her eyelashes, “Why don’t we continue this conversation, somewhere a little more private?” Dex looked confused, but she pushed him into a storage closet. Before Dex could refuse, Jaclyn pushed her lips onto his and he returned the gesture. Soon after they were making out. He pulled away at the sound of the bell, “Crap, I have to go!”

She grabbed his shirt and pulled him back, “Why don’t you call me sometime?” She place a number in his pocket. He nodded. “Oh, and by the way, you’re an excellent kisser.” Dex winked and ran off to his next class. Jaclyn, he thought to himself, remember that name.

a/n: Hope you liked it! Let me know if there are any errors!