The First Try

Time had passed since Asahi had arrived at the Palace and, mostly thanks to Kougyoku's constant insistence and argues with the black Magi, she was now spending more time out of the Judar's room.

Thanks to this, she was more familiar with her surroundings and she was able to move around the Palace on her own, even though there were still many parts of it that she didn't know and that Judar had taken the time to make perfectly clear that he would never allow her to visit.

The girl had also met the other Kou princes, Kouen, Koumei and Kouha. The older ones had pretty much ignored her, while Kouha seemed to be more interested in her. He wanted her to join him and his three assistants on a trip, but Judar had interfered, and the interaction with the price was pretty much null after that.

It has taken Princess Kougyoku several days to convince Judar to let Koubun Ka try and use the magic from his Household Vessel to heal Asahi's eyes. Sadly, it hadn't worked and the annoying magi hasn't missed any chance of reminding everyone about it.

That afternoon the princess advisor had the bad luck of running into the black haired Magi. He was just entering the dining room at the same time Judar and Asahi were walking out of it.

"Good afternoon High Prist, I how are you today?" Koubun asked, bowing deeply, standing by the door.

"Move! You useless bug" Judar barked, walking pass the scared man.

"Good afternoon... Sorry..." Asahi muttered, as she walked pass Kouba Ka, following Judar.

"I knew that idiot couldn't do it!" Judar growled, as he was marching down the hallway, with Asahi following him as fast as she could.

"It's not his fault." Asahi responded, still following him.

"No. It's that old hag's fault. She insisted on it even when I told her it wouldn't work" The Magi kept nagging and suddenly stopped walking, causing the girl to almost crash against him. Luckily she was able to avoid it.

"But..." She tried to argue back.

"That Household Vessel isn't strong enough to heal something that has been damaged for so long" He explained, looking away and seemly talking more to himself than to her.

"I don't even know why YOU are the one that's so upset! You're not the one who's still blind, you know?"Asahi pointed out, letting out a sigh full of sadness, hanging her head low. Judar glanced back at her, his expression serious, but something similar to guilt appearing in his eyes for a moment.

"This is why, right here" Judar leaned closer, poking her on the forehead "I didn't want you to get all your hopes up for nothing." He raised his hands into the air, rolling his eyes "That's also why I didn't want to tell you I was trying to find a way to get your sight back on the first place" He added, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, there was nothing wrong in giving it a try... And you didn't have to be so rude with them! You even took it on Hakuryuu who had nothing to do with it!" The girl argued, rubbing her hand over her forehead, where he had poked her.

"He didn't even have a reason to be there in the first place. He was just sticking his nose where he shouldn't"

"He was just curious! Kougyoku and him care for me and they are the only thing close to a friend I have ever had, you don't need to be so rude with them" She whined.

That statement caught Judal off guard. He glared back at her, narrowing his red eyes.

"Care for you? Your only friends?" He hissed, his voice tense and full of resentment.

Asahi was at a loss of words, realizing her mistake. In the short time she had known the Magi, she had discovered that Judar was like a spoiled child, who had to always get his way. He believed he was superior to others, and that he was always right. Also, he seemed to be the jealous and possessive type, especially with his possession, and Asahi suspected that he considered her as one of them.