The Prince and The Princess

Judar kept pulling Asahi behind him, his grip only growing tighter around her wrist. She wanted to say something, but the dark aura she was sensing from him stopped her from doing so.

He didn't say a word until they reached his room again.

"I told you to stay here" He scrolled under his breath, throwing her in the room with such force that she ended up in the floor.

The girl felt the soft carpet against her hand and cheeks.

"You can't have me locked in here forever! I want to leave! Take me back!" Asahi yelled, while picking herself up from the floor.

"No" He said in bluntly and she hears him pacing around the room.

"Why not?" She insisted.

"You are an ungrateful rat" He hissed, getting closer to her.

"Stop calling me that!" She yelled again.

"You wanna know why I was out all day? Why I told you to stay in here?" His tone was a mixture of tease and menace.

"Yes" She replied sternly.

Judar was almost on top of her when he strongly grabbed her face with both of his hands.

"I was trying to find a way to fix your damn eyes!" He growled.

"Fix... Fix my eyes?" Asahi stuttered, her cheeks dusting a bit pink. He was doing all this because he wanted to help her?

"Yeah. You weren't blind all your life, am I right?"The magi asked in a carefree tone, letting go of her face and walking away from her.

"No, I started losing my sight when I was a child." She explained, rubbing her sore cheeks.

"Well, I guessed right then, but maybe I should just leave you this way. Blind and stupid"

"Hey! That's not fair! You didn't tell me you wanted to help me!"

"I don't. I don't help people" He hissed, gritting his teeth.

"Then what do you call this?" Asahi asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"I'm just curious." He shrugged, grabbing her wrist again.

"Judar that doesn't make any sense!" She insisted while he dropped her on one side of the bed. "How were those men!? What were they doing!?"

"That's none of your business. Just stop asking! Go to sleep!"

Asahi realized that there was no point in continuing arguing with him. The nervousness of the encounter with those men had begun to disappear, and the feeling was replaced by a strong tiredness. Once her body had finally started to relax, she quickly fell asleep.

What she never knew was that Judar, on the other hand, did have trouble falling asleep that night.

.

.

.

The following morning Asahi woke up alone. Running her hand over the side of the bed were Judar slept, she found the soft fabric cold. He must have left hours ago.

Pulling herself into a sitting position she got out of bed, heading towards the bathroom. The moment she was about to walk in, the three servants that had been taking care of her walked into the room.

As it was starting to be usual now, one of them cleaned the room; others brought her food, while the other helped her get ready. Asahi felt strange being treated that way, but she knew that even if she rejected their help Judar would just send them back to her.