The Dark Rukh

A/N: I'm only going to put this warning in this chapter, but it goes for the entire book: warning for some language.

--------------------------------------------------------

Asahi waked up in the middle of the night and panic filled her for a moment. She couldn't remember where she was. This wasn't her house, her room.

Trying to calm herself, she concentrated in what surrounded her. From the moment she had been blind, her other senses had improved to compensate for the one she had lost.

She could hear the sound of the leaves being moved by the wind, the chirping  of the crickets and even some distant steps, all coming through an open window in the room. But, what  troubles her the most, is that not only she could hear someone breathing next to her, but she could also feel the warmth of a body.

Moving her body to the side she feels that dark rukh again, and she remembered. She remembered him. The dark magi she had met some hours ago.

Why was she sharing a bed with him? Did he do something to her? Fear fills her again and The girl quickly runs her hands through her body. A sigh of relief escaped her lips once she confirmed she still had her clothes on.

Still lying on her side, she concentrated on Judar's steady breathing. Not sure why, she found herself extending her hands towards him, touching his face.

"Huh.." Judar complained in his sleep as she touched his nose.

"...Hmm..." She heard him bubbling when her fingers touched his cheek.

Asahi realized what she was doing and began to pull her hand away only to be stopped by a tight grip on her wrist.

"Having fun?"

"I'm sorry. I-I don't know why I did it. I didn't mean to wake you. Sorry."

"Go back to sleep and don't you dare wake me up again"He hissed, shifting in the bed, turning his back at her.

With a short Sigh, Asahi lay down on her back again and soon enough the comfort and warmth of the bed had driven her back to sleep.

.

.

.

The next time she woke up was to the sound of plates and the smell of food. Sitting up in bed, she felt the rays of sunlight on her face.

"Finally!!" A familiar voice yelled not too far from her.

"I -I what time is it?" She ran her hand through her sliver blond hair.

"It's almost midday"

"What? It can't be..." She  murmured, surprised.

"Well, it is, and I have to go. It's the third time I come to check if you are awake." He snarled.

I want to go out too" She retorted.

"No. You stay here." Judar groaned "They are going to help you again. Eat" She guessed he was referring to the same servants that had helped her the night before.

"Judar, wait!" Asahi called, before he could leave.

"What!?" He snapped. Apparently he already wasn't having a good day.

"What am I supposed to do all day?"

"I don't know. That's not my problem, is it?" Judar shrugged before leaving the room.

The rest of the day went by and the young girl didn't know what to do. The slaves Judar had sent to her had walked in and out of the room at different times, bringing food, water, or cleaning around. They still refused to talk to her, though, and that was making her confinement even more difficult.