Chapter 1: The Lucky One

"Brooke! Hurry up!" My best friend, Sarah, called my name from downstairs. "I still can't believe we got tickets to a One Direction concert! Hurry your ass up; I'm not gonna miss my chance with Harry!"

I chuckled as I rummaged through my drawer. What should I wear to a One Direction concert? I've only been to one concert before in my life, and that was High School Musical. Lame, I know. I decided on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a white lace crop top. Luckily I had curled my hair before Sarah got to my house, or else she would have cursed me out.

"Brooke! We're not going to the prom," she huffed. "It's gonna take us a half hour to get there and the concert starts in only an hour! Get down here!"

I did a last check in the mirror and flew down the stairs. "Calm down! I'm here, Sarah," I told her. "We have plenty of time...I think."

Traffic would probably be crazy; the concert was, of course, sold out in minutes. I still can't believe we managed to get tickets. Our seats are in the very back of the stadium, but I don't care. As long as I get to see the boys, I'm happy.

Sarah looked me up and down and raised a brow. "Damn, girl! You look amazing! If Niall doesn't notice you, he's blind," she winked at me. I have the biggest crush on Niall. His beautiful blue eyes, his adorable accent, his laugh...

I was shocked out of my trance by Sarah waving her hand in front of my face. I blushed and looked down at my feet. "Yeah, I wish," I sighed. "But thanks anyways. You look hot too," I winked.

She pushed my shoulder. "Thanks Brooke. Alright, let's go now that you're finally ready. I don't wanna be late!"

I rolled my eyes. "I heard you for the millionth time," I said under my breath. She started for the door but turned around and narrowed her eyes at me. I grinned at her as I grabbed my keys from the counter and slipped on my black pumps, running down the driveway to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah was right. The traffic was awful. It took us an extra 25 minutes to get there. When I parked my car in the parking garage, we ran as fast as we could down the 3 flights of stairs. Sarah ran across the street without even looking to get to the stadium entrance. I laughed as cars honked their horns and she glared at the drivers as if she did nothing wrong. I was a little more cautious; I checked both ways before running across. Sarah stood there tapping her foot impatiently, staring me down. I chuckled as I finally reached her side; she immediately took my hand and ran toward the doors.

I was gasping for breath once we finally made it to our seats. Sarah made me run as fast as my feet would allow me to go. I almost fell flat on my face a couple times because she was dragging me around the stadium, trying to find our section. We were about to sit down when the lights were lowered. The stadium went crazy; little teenage girls shrilled so loud and high pitched that I covered my ears. I looked over to see Sarah jumping up and down; I rolled my eyes and refocused on the stage. The boys came running out on stage one by one; first Harry, then Louis, then Zayn, Liam, and finally, Niall. They greeted everyone and started off the concert by singing "Kiss You". The whole stadium sang along and screamed through the entire song. They continued, singing "Midnight Memories", "What Makes You Beautiful", and "Story of My Life". I could barely hear, thanks to the screaming fans and our shitty seats.

"Thank you all so much," I heard that adorable Irish accent that I love. "You guys are the best fans in the world, and to thank you all, we thought we'd do something different."

Sarah looked over to me, her eyes going wide. I looked over at her puzzled. She continued staring at me, barely blinking. "What?" I asked, searching her face for an answer. She didn't move.

"For our next song, we need a special girl up on stage with us," Niall announced as the crowd went wild.

Sarah was still staring at me, not taking her eyes off me. Suddenly, she raised her arm, pointing behind me, her mouth dropping. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I spun around to see someone in all black in front of me. They were so tall that I had to look straight up to meet their face. A man in a black t-shirt and black jeans, who seemed to be a security guard, looked down at me.

I didn't understand what was happening. Did I do something wrong? Why was this security guard standing in front of me?

"I think we have found our lucky girl," Niall said.

"You heard him," the security guard said to me. "Follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! If you're reading this story, thank you so much! I've never written a story before, so I decided to give it a try. I know this is a short first chapter, but I wanted to leave it off in a good spot. I have so many ideas for this story...I just hope everyone likes it! Feel free to comment, good or bad. I'll try to update in a few days; I'm graduating from high school in a couple weeks so my life is crazy right now. But anyways, thanks so much for reading! :)

~ Kellie ~