Chapter 23: Tears & Goodbyes

We spent a few days sight-seeing in Portugal, which was amazing. I swear, every second spent with Niall just got better and better, and my feelings for him only intensified. After visiting Portugal, we flew to Austria. Gosh, Austria is breathtaking. I'm a huge fan of The Sound of Music, so Niall got us a private tour of the Villa Trapp, which was incredible--something else I could cross off my bucket list. That was it for the European leg of the tour; we returned to America for a couple weeks. We spent a couple days in New York City, visiting the 9/11 memorial (which was breathtaking and incredibly emotional) and the Statue of Liberty. Afterwards we went to Boston, one of my favorite cities. Niall took me to the aquarium and a Boston Red Sox game--box seats, in fact. Needless to say, it was a once in a lifetime experience, and I savored every moment of it. Then we flew to Orlando and went to Universal Studios, Sea World, Disney, and Discovery Cove.

And today is the day we have to separate for who knows how long.

We're back in California now in a hotel room. The alarm shakes me from my slumber; I groggily roll over and slap the snooze button with the palm of my hand.

"Good morning beautiful," Niall whispers sleepily into my ear.

"Good morning Ni," I smile as I turn to face him.

"It's our last day together," he says as he begins kissing my jaw.

"Ni," I moan, pushing him away lightly. "We can't today--"

"No, I know," he interrupts. "I wasn't thinking straight that night; I'm not ready for that."

I do my best to hide the disappointment in my face.

God, I sound like such a slut.

"No, no, I understand," I respond reassuringly. "I know we have a lot to do today...of course I don't know exactly what, since you won't tell me."

He grins. "You know the drill. By the way, have you talked to your parents at all? I know you went home and packed some stuff while they were at work, but--"

"No, I haven't," I say sharply. "And I don't wanna talk about them today. Yes, I'm moving in tomorrow, which is still hard to believe, but today is about us."

He nods slowly. "Then let's get going!" He exclaims excitedly as he pulls me up off the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jesus Christ," I mumble. "Why do I always have to be blindfolded?"

"I told you, you know the drill!" He chuckles as he kisses my cheek.

"I've said it before, I will--"

"I know, I know. You'll punch me," he says before breaking out into a fit of laughter.

"Oh, I will!" I yell. Niall doesn't respond; instead, he begins laughing louder. So, what do I do? I punch him.

"Brooke! What the fuck?" He yells angrily.

"I told you I would!" I respond proudly.

"You hit me in the eye!"

I immediately pull the blindfold off my eyes to see him grinning back at me.

"April Fools!" He yells before falling off the seat of the limo in laughter.

"Oh, fuck you!" I scream before joining in on the laughter. What can I say? His laughter is contagious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here!" Niall announces. I hear the door next to me open as Niall pulls me out of the car and along to a sidewalk. "Don't peek," he warns, which makes me huff out of frustration. After about a minute of walking blindly, Niall puts his hands on my shoulders, telling me to stop. "Take off the blindfold," he orders.