[9] Don't leave me.

CHAPTER 9

Demi's POV 

            Three days have passed since Charlie and I had our moment, and things have gone back to the whole 'I hate you don't talk to me' thing. Charlie stays hidden in her room unless I call her down for lunch and dinner. She doesn't wake up until about twelve so breakfast isn't usually a thing. Wilmer assured me she was just adjusting to the new house.

~*~

             "Charlie?" I knocked lightly and opened the door, she's not in her bed. "Charlie?" I called louder. I heard a sob from the bathroom, dropping the basket of clothes I ran to the door, "Charlie?! What's wrong?!" I banged on the door, "NO! Demi go AWAY!" She screamed. Then I heard it, a distinct sound bringing back hundreds of dark memories, dropping the blade onto the tile floor as it became slippery from the blood. I burst into hysterics. "WILMER! OH MY GOD WILMER! GET IN HERE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He came running into the room. "What's going on?!" I pounded on the door, "Get the door key! Oh God Charlie please don't do this!" I could hear her echoing sobs from the other side. Wilmer ran back into the room and shoved the key into the locked. As soon as it clicked I shoved him out of my way and burst into the room.

         "NO! GO AWAY!" My head whipped around and saw Charlie sitting in the huge empty bathtub, her arms covered in blood. "Oh my God." I ran over and jumped into the tub, looking at her arms. the cuts weren't too deep, but there were a lot of them. I pulled her body close to mine, ignoring the blood as it seeped into my shirt. "No babygirl, why?" She began to cry and gripped me harder. "Shh baby, it's okay." I murmured, and stroked her hair. She climbed onto my lap and I leaned back against the tub wall, "Shhh breath babygirl." She wouldn't stop crying so she clutched me like a lifeline. "Charlie calm down." I slowly rubbed circles into her back, something Wilmer did to me to soothe me. Finally, she was calm enough to speak, "S-Sorry." She stuttered. I shook my head and kissed her forehead, "Don't be sorry, you couldn't help it." Charlie shook her head, "No, I mean I'm sorry for everything. For how I treated you when all you wanted was to help and say sorry. So i'm sorry." I hugged her, "It's okay sweetie, it's okay." She nodded, and snuggled into me, "Let's get your arms cleaned up okay?" She nodded, but stayed limp. I glanced over at Wilmer and he walked over, lifting her out of the tub. "NO!" She screamed, reaching for me, "NO MOMMY DON'T LEAVE ME!" I got up and held her hand while Wilmer brtought her over and sat her on the counter. "Shhh." I murmured, and placed my hands on either side of her face, "I'm not gonna leave you again okay? Now let's get your arms clean." She nodded weakly and slumped back against the wall. I turned to Wilmer in the doorway, "Get us both new pajamas, and my emergency kit." He nodded, and disappeared. I had an emergency kit tucked under my bed just in case I slipped up. It hadn't been used in years, but it was still comforting to have it. I went back to Charlie, "Let me see your arm." She shook her head and pulled her bloodstained arms in protectively. "Charlie, C'mon baby let me see." After a minute, she slowly let her arms fall and I held in my whimper,. Her arms were full of scars and burns. I reached her a wet cloth and gently began to wipe away the blood. Wilmer knocked, handed me the supplies then left again. I bandaged her arms and changed her, then carried her to her bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead, "No." She whispered, and grabbed my hand. "Don't leave me mommy." I felt a flutter in my heart as she called me 'mommy' again and nodded. "Never." I climbed under the covers and allowed her to snuggled into my side.
"I love you babygirl." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote?(: 

Let me know what you think! 

-rachel 

Follow my twitter! @Lovatic_Chica