Chapter 2- Dead

Author’s note: Welcome back to ‘Leave me’! I hope you are looking forward to chapter 2, which I was able to update much sooner than I intended : )  It was a particularly difficult one to write, and I hope you will understand why when you’ve reached the end. Please be warned that there are moments in the story that are somewhat gory, however minimal detail is given. That is all I will say on that for now.

And some of you may be interested to know that two of the Cullens make an appearance in this chapter. I am sure you will be able to easily spot them out ;)

I hope you enjoy the chapter, and please remember to vote and leave me a comment when you are done! If you look at the chapter name, you can probably imagine what this chapter is about…

‘Leave me’

Chapter 2- Dead

Severus’ POV

       … And that was when it hit me. This was not just a rat…

He was truly living up to his name. I had wondered why the Dark Lord referred to Peter as ‘Wormtail’ and now I knew: his was an Animagus. I had no doubt that being able to transform into a rat would have various benefits, such as alluding capture and attack, and I wondered how long it took for him to learn how to do it.

I swiped at Wormtail to get him off the damn map which now reeked of urine. I think he was surprised by my sudden action as I hit him solidly on the side of his body with the back of my hand. Unfortunately, I did not hit him hard enough to daze him, and he managed to scamper back towards me. I contemplated whether I should try to crush him beneath my boot or kick him before he had the opportunity climb up my leg, or worse. I decided to kick him with the point of my boot, but missed his small fury body.

“Bellatrix!” I exclaimed in frustration for she hadn’t done anything to help me, too absorbed in her side of the map.

“What?” she asked, apparently oblivious to my attempts to knockout the rat.

“I found the name of the place to which this map refers, but the bloody rat urinated on it!” I hissed, staring down at the animal knowing full well he did it intentionally.

“Well I’m not going to clean it up, use your wand!” she snapped at me.

I sighed impatiently. “I would but the rat is attempting to stop me.”

I knew Bellatrix was about to ask me why in God’s name a rat would have an agenda, but then she also made the connection. She was not as familiar with the unregistered Animagi who lived around us like I was, but the Dark Lord had hinted on numerous occasions that Wormtail’s nickname suited him incredibly well. Her eyes wide with hunger and understanding, Bellatrix brandished her wand and ran over to my side of the table.

“Of course,” she drawled hungrily. “I should have known.”

Without me having to ask her, she began to aim various spells at Wormtail. I hoped she would hit him so he would be forced to return back to his human form, and we could interrogate him regarding the whereabouts of the Dark Lord, and any other information he may possess. But I could not rely on that; the odds were not in our favour, so I carefully used ‘Evanesco’ to remove the yellow urine off the parchment without removing the vital black ink.

“Come here you piece of scum!” Bellatrix shrieked both with delight and frustration as she chased Wormtail around the kitchen which thankfully kept the poor excuse for a wizard away from me.

Finally, my cleaning chore was complete. Quickly, I bent down to read the writing upside down.

Godric’s Hollow.