Chapter 6- Memories Part 2

Author’s note: Welcome back to ‘Leave Me’! I know what you’re thinking: What happened to that faster update, huh? I’m so sorry! I resumed uni for the year and had a few other things going on that were more urgent than writing (which is a bummer) L Thanks for being patient with me, I really appreciate it!

This chapter was a bit tricky to write (amongst other things, which will be explained at the end), because I needed to adjust to writing Albus’ POV about a conversation I have now written 3 times! I enjoyed writing the chapter, but I look forward to writing about something new :D

Enough chat though. Let’s get right to it! I hope you enjoy reading the observations and speculations Albus comes up with!

Happy reading!

Leave Me

Chapter 5- Memories Part 2

Albus’ POV

The fact that Severus had met with an unidentifiable supernatural creature both intrigued and concerned me; who was this ‘boy’ and would he keep our world a secret from the rest of his species? I hoped seeing the boy for myself would provide me with some clues on the matter, so I was eager to enter the Pensieve to view him with my own eyes. Based on the few facts Severus had been willingly to tell me, the boy’s species must look human, otherwise Severus should have known he was supernatural. I also anticipated the details of their conversation to be vital to my understanding of the boy and the vision his sister had Seen, so I was more than a little surprised when Severus refused to elaborate on the contents of their discussion. Severus’ unwillingness to explain led me to believe that the conversation was more personal than Severus had admitted to me, in which case, I could understand why he preferred to show, rather than tell me, what happened.

In the few seconds it took for me to enter the Pensieve and ‘reappear’ within Severus’ memory, I was already contemplating which of the possible supernatural beings the mysterious boy may originate from. The mere fact that such a creature was in Spinner’s End was highly unusual; as far as I knew, Severus was the only individual living there who was not a Muggle.

I landed quietly on my feet. My eyes were immediately captured by the rich woods that formed the furniture and the floor within the small pub.  Six stools lined the bar opposite me, and a four tall tables and stools were organised neatly around the mahogany timber floor. The lights were dim, but sufficient to see clearly. The bartender seemed a kind man, perhaps in his fifties. He was watching his two customers with unyielding interest, his eyes shifting from left to right. It only then occurred to me that the boy and Severus were already talking quietly; it was difficult to tell because they were not facing one another. I made my way to the bar bench without further ado; I did not want to miss any more of their conversation.

Within a second I was standing next to the boy. If he were able to sense my presence, he would have certainly believed me inconsiderate and ignorant of his personal space. But I had no desire to control my enthusiasm. Instantly, I was struck by how perfect he appeared. I was certain such a physically faultless creation could not be human. This alone was enough to tell me that the boy was supernatural; my many years of living had shown me that all humans were guaranteed to possess at least one imperfect physical flaw. This boy had none.

I was leaning over the bench so I could stare at the boy’s face. I was watching how his lips and unnaturally bright golden eyes moved with precision, when I heard the present day Severus arrive behind me.

“What do you think?” he asked me quietly. He now stood behind himself so he could watch my observations of the boy from afar.

“You are correct, Severus,” I told him with wonder. “He is definitely supernatural. As to what he is…” I trailed off in continued contemplation. “I have no idea; I have never seen someone who looks like him before.”