Chapter 2-Kidnapped

"(Y/N), wake up! We're here!" you groggily lifted your head up to find that you had arrived in a parking garage. Stifling a yawn, you mumbled, "Do we have to walk very far to get there?" Then suddenly feeling more awake, you questioned, "Are we late?" "No, and no." Dad responded. "I reserved a place in the closest parking garage, and It'll take us only a minute to walk over. And right now it's 5:45, and it starts at 6." "Can we go now that (Y/N)'s awake?" (S/N) demanded.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP Loud alarms blasted everyone's ears, halting your conversation with a random important-looking man that you had struck up a conversation with in the gala. An announcement was shouted over the speakers, saying something about the Declaration of Independence that you couldn't catch. Maybe it had been stolen...? Yeah, right. You chuckled to yourself. Everyone knew the insane amounts of security surrounding the Declaration. It would be virtually impossible to steal anything like that. Could it be the fire alarm? Panicking, you tried to catch sight of your family as a mob of terrified attendees swept you outside. You could still hear the alarms from outside. Wow. Something important must've happened. You thought to yourself, wondering what it possibly could be. Great. Just great. Now you were outside by yourself, police and random people were milling around everywhere, and you had no idea where your parents were. You reached in your coat pocket for your phone, but you soon realized you had left it in the car. You bit your lip. Oh, well. It's not like you were six. You could handle yourself. You stepped away from the crowd and made your way over to a bench facing the main entrance, ignoring the van a couple feet away. Your parents would come out that way eventually. Twiddling your thumbs,(NOT because you were nervous, of course!) you hummed through ten of your favorite songs until you noticed a dark-haired man wearing a grim expression and carrying what looked like a million-year-old scroll fast-walking across the street to the side you were on. You squinted, trying to get a better look at the yellowed paper and make out what it was. You took in a sharp breath. Was it the Declaration of Independence? You'd thought it had been impossible to steal, but were you wrong? That would explain the sirens that were still shrieking and the copious numbers of police patrolling the area. And over the loudspeaker they had even mentioned it! You shot a suspicious but quick glance at the maybe-thief as he started to climb into the nearby van. "You got the Declaration?" a relieved voice questioned from inside. "Yeah, Riley. We've gotta hurry." The man responded without even looking up from his task of loading the ancient, kind of SUPER IMPORTANT document into the van. Your heart started to beat faster. You couldn't let them get away. Stay calm. Stay calm. You silently told yourself, scanning the area for the closest police. There. Just across the wide street, a policewoman was inspecting everyone and everything that escaped the building. You leaped to your feet and waited for the street to be clear for just a second so you could cross, occasionally shifting your eyes back and forth from the police and the van. The first man spoke in a strained voice laced with panic. "Riley. That kid's trying to get the police after us. Stop her please." That kid... oh, wait. That was you. You didn't think you'd ever been so scared in your life. You couldn't let them get to you and do... well, whatever they had to do to get you to shut up. Maybe even kill you. "Why me??" The second voice hissed back, but the door of the van opened and a younger man with bright blue eyes, tousled, dark hair and a reluctant expression sprinted towards you. Alright, forget the crosswalk. Hardly caring if you caused a crash or if you got hit, you darted across the street, zig-zagging between honking cars. But you never reached the other side. "Sorry about this, but you're gonna have to come with me." He grabbed your shoulder, attempting to haul to away. You wheeled around and landed your hardest punch in his eye. "OW! Hey!" Your arms were suddenly pinned behind your back and as you opened your mouth to scream, a hand was clapped over it. You fought like the entire US military force, fear causing a rush of adrenaline, but you couldn't escape the man's steel grip as he dragged you over to the van, shoved you inside the back, and slammed the door shut so you couldn't run. No! This couldn't be happening. You pounded on the trunk door, but you knew before you even tried that it wouldn't break.  Both men quickly got into their seats, close their doors, and before you could even brace yourself the van started speeding away from the National Archives building, and away from your siblings and parents. "Thanks, Riley." The first man murmured. "I know you didn't want to have to do that." The blue-eyed man, who you figured was named Riley, responded with a half-smile and a tense nod, his hand over his injured eye and clearly in pain. "Let me go!" You begged, terror pulsing through you. "Please!  I won't say anything! I swear!" The first man turned his head to face you. "Sorry, kid. We'd really rather not go to jail." Riley shot you a sympathetic glance, which you found a little shocking considering you'd just punched him in the eye. You stared out the window opposite you, your back on the wall of the van. An is-this-really-happening feeling seemed to numb you entirely as you watched cars' headlights speed by. What would happen to you now?

I tried writing this part of the story with Abigail in it but it messed everything up... So, she's going to come in later. For now it's just gonna be You, Ben, and Riley.