1. Poor Angela

I blew the sticky hairs from my forehead and shifted uncomfortably in my seat. The least this church could do is spend all the donations it gets (and doesn't know what to do with) on an air-conditioning system. The black dress I was wearing felt soaked to the bone, like seriously it must've been hotter than 40 hells in here!

I was at my cousin's funeral, the cousin I never knew existed. I might've met him when I was a baby, but who can remember that stuff, right? Apparently he was driving over a bridge and rammed into a drunken semi before falling into the river below. His wife is pregnant, and she was sitting five people way from me weeping helplessly.

Poor thing, has to raise a kid on her own. I looked at my mom next to me, she had tears in her eyes...I think she would understand what Ben's wife was going through. The same thing happened to my dad, but it was a swimming accident.

The reception finally ended and my mom was talking to Ben's wife. I walked over to let her know was heading back to my apartment.

"Mom. I'm-"

"Oh, (Name)! I want you to meet Angela, Ben's wife." she said.

Angela gave me a forced smile and hugged me,"Its so good to meet you, finally."

Not knowing what to do, I hugged her back awkwardly,"Its nice to meet you too...I'm so sorry for your loss."

I felt her stiffen, and she let out a shaky sigh before patting my back and pulling away,"Its alright, Benjamin is in a better place now..."

"(Name), Ben used to own video games and consoles, Angela has no use for them." my mom said.

"Oh, yes! I wanted to know if you'd like to have them?" Angela asked, placing a hand behind her back and poking out her swollen belly.

"Oh, um, well, sure! Do you want me to pick them up?"

"Oh no, I can take them to you."

I looked at her, she seemed to be eight months pregnant. I don't think its good for woman like her to be driving with a belly in the way.

"It's okay, I can come and get them, just give me the address." I said.

After receiving Angela's address and exchanging phone numbers, I kissed my mom goodbye and drove home.