chapter 20

"Ouch!" I screamed in pain. The palms of my hands were scraped and were bleeding along with my knees.

I dropped my knife so I was frantically searching for it. Levi, Isabel, and Farlan came running from around the corner. The person picked me up by the hair just as I grabbed the knife.

"Stay aw-- Ouch!" I screamed. The pain was so bad I wanted to pass out.  They guy pressed a knife to my throat. I hid my knife.

"Don't move closer or the girl dies," The guy threatens. I gurgle a laugh. He presses the knife harder in my neck. I immediately shut it. I whimpered from the pain.

"Don't...come closer... I got it," I gasped.

"Shut it," The guy tells me. "Quit talking or your gonna die."

"I..got...this," I said. I could barely breathe because of the knife pressed against my neck. I thrusted the knife into the other guy not knowing where it landed and not really caring. The guy dropped me and I fell to the ground yet again. The guy who held me by my hair was gasping.

I walked over to him. I pulled the knife out of his stomach. Then I held it up to his throat. I ignore the pain in my shoulder, hands, knees, and my left leg.

"Who are you? Why did you want my friends?" I demanded. The guy didn't answer. He just kept gasping in pain. "ANSWER ME!" I growled. I pressed the knife harder.

"My..my name is..Tim. We were assigned to assassinate Levi, Isabel, and Farlan," Tim answered.

"Why? From who?" I questioned. I pressed the knife harder into his neck. He gasped and I saw his face turn red. I loosened the grip but it was still on his neck.

"From the Military Police," He gasped for air. I smirked.

"Well, I hate to tell you this before you die, but, as long as we're together, no one is taking them away," I tell him. "Now goodbye. See you in the afterlife." I stabbed him in the chest. Then I searched for his handkerchief. I cleaned the knife.

"Look guys. She can come with is now and not be a burden. She can use one of their 3dmg," Isabel said. Levi looked awed and Farlan looked confused.

"I was gonna take one anyway," I rolled my eyes and unattached to gear. Then I strapped it around me.

"Come on guys. Show me the way to your place," They all flew away. I followed shaking at first but then I steadily followed them. After a few minutes we came to their house.

"You will sleep here," Levi directed. "Don't get any of your dirtiness on the floor," He tells me. I sighed.

"Will you at least help me clean up?" I questioned. I looked at Levi. He sighed.

"Fine. Isabel, Farlan. Go to sleep. I'm gonna help the brat," He tells them. They nodded and laid down. After they closed their eyes and their breathing slowed down, Levi crept closer and kissed Isabel's and Farlan's head.

"Goodnight guys," He whispered. I sighed. I wish he would do that to me, show me affection. Tears pricked my eyes. I wiped them away. No! Why am I thinking like that. I don't like him.

He looked at me concerned. I looked at him and our eyes locked. I quickly looked away trying to hide the blush that was spreading across my face.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up," He tells me. Then he takes my arm and leads me to a makeshift bathroom. There was a sink and a rag close to the door and a shower that was broken.

"Sit down, brat," He tells me. I comply by sitting on the toilet. He takes the rag and runs it under the water. Then he dabs the wound on my knees and legs. I blushed and looked away. Levi notices and smirks.

"Why you blushing, brat?" He asked quietly. I look at him and our eyes locked. I stared into his steel blue eyes, starting to get lost in them. "Oi brat, I asked you a question," He startled me. I was quickly knocked out of my daze.

"S-sorry," I slammed my hand over my mouth and winced because of the pain due to him accidentally dabbing too hard. "Sorry Levi. I didn't mean to do that. Reflexes, you know?" I apologize. He just smirked. Then he cleaned the rag and dabbed my hands and arm. I wince.

"Take your shirt off," He demands. I blushed.

"What? Why?" I asked embarrassed. Levi rolled his eyes.

"You heard me. If you won't, I'll just have to do it, take your pick," I hesitated. Him taking off my shirt didn't seem like a bad idea. But it would be awkward. So I decided I should do it. I slipped off my shirt and reveal my (f/c) bra. He looked at me causing me to blush. He dabbed my shoulder.

Then he touched my chest and ribs. I winced. He glanced up and sighed. I let out a breath.

"You broke a rib or two and possibly crack some. You were stabbed twice by a knife. Your lucky it's not infected," He informs me, he standing up. I looked at him curiously. He holds his hands out and I grab them. He pulls me up, leading me to a clean room.

"This is my room. Don't touch anything," he rummages in a chest, handing me a  white shirt. "Her wear this. It's clean so don't get it dirty. Let me find some of Isabel's pants. You might be able to wear them." He turns, walking away. I slip the shirt on. After a few minutes, he walks in holding black pants.

He tosses it to me and I slip out of my dirty pants. Then I slipped into Isabel's jeans. They fit perfectly. I looked at Levi and blushed realizing that I changed in front of him. He was looking away, blushing.

"I-im sorry. I forgot you were here," I apologize. Then I walked up to him. "Now where should I be sleeping again?" I questioned.

"Sleep in here," He sighed. He blushed even more. I blushed and laid on the ground.

"Tch. Not there," he walks over and picked me up. Then he placed me on his bed and walked away. Before he could get to the door, I grabbed his wrist.

"Please, stay with me," I tell him quietly. He sighed and I scooted over, making room for him. He laid down beside me. I unconsciously snuggled closer to him. He gasped quietly and put his hand on my back. I looked up at him. He was looking at me. When our eyes locked, I couldn't look away. I slowly inched my face to his then locked our lips.

I kissed him passionately, feeling him kiss back. I pulled away for breath, looking at Levi. My face heated up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to tell you that right now," I apologized to him. He just chuckled.

"I don't mind. I just wanted to know how you felt about me. Well, at least I know you feel the same way," He kissed me again. "Go to sleep," He tells me after pulling away.

"Ok, good night Levi," I sigh. I closed my eyes.

"Good night, (f/n), I love you," He kissed my forehead and I fell asleep.