Chapter Twenty-Two

"Then I'm going to have to fire you." He says and pauses for a short while. While looking at me. "I didn't want it to come to this Spencer. Erin Strauss has been watching you like a hawk", he says sitting down in his desk and folding his hands.

"So? What does she have anything to do about this?" I ask

"She has informed me about you're so called drug problem." He says and I slump into my chair suddenly seeming more nervous than I was last night. It's one thing to have someone tell you that you have a drug problem but to have your boss/the only fatherly figure in your life who you only want to impress is another.

"I didn't believe her at first when she told me, and then I noticed the signs you were showing and the holes in the crook of your elbow that you think you're so good at hiding, or how about the bags under your eyes probably from never sleeping, let alone the endless amount of coffee you go through daily, better yet the nightmares on the plane. Shall I keep going or" he stops and I look down avoiding eye contact with him because if I look at him and his saddened look any longer I might just start crying and I know men don't cry, especially since I'm the weakest one and everyone just expects me to break.

"I'm sorry." I say not knowing what else to say

"Me too, for not doing my job." He sighs

"I feel like I've disappointed you." I reply listening to the quit humming sound of the lights above me and playing with the hem of my shirt as a distraction.

"I'm not disappointed in you, maybe a little bit shocked and confused as to why you thought your only option was - " before Hotch can finish his sentence his phone rings and I know that we have a new case.

"Were on our way, thank you" he says hanging up the phone and looking at me with pity.

"We will talk about this when I get back." He sighs

"I'm not coming with?" I question already knowing the answer.

"No. As of right now you are no longer apart of the BAU, please turn in your badge and your gun"

"Hotch you can't do this" I yell standing up

"It's Strauss orders Spencer, it's only temporary. I'm sorry, but I have to get going." He says and I throw my badge on his desk and slowly take my gun out remembering how I got it in the first place and set it on the desk making my way out slamming the door behind me.

I grab my bag preparing to make my way out when Garcia and JJ run up to me

"What was that all about" JJ asks concerned

"I got fired" I yell, turning around making sure Hotch heard me

"Wait what, Hotch you fired him?" Derek calls out from his desk

"It's only temporary" he says again pissing me off

The rest of the team continues to bicker at Hotch and I but I can see that Hotch is not very happy with me so I pack my things up and leave.

"Spencer, I will come see you tomorrow morning and we can figure out what to do next." Hoch says making eye contact with me.

"Don't bother." I say breaking eye contact and storming out of the room

JJ calls my name and I turn around and she pulls me into a hug that I so desperately needed.

"What's going on" she says breaking away and staring into my eyes again.

"I will explain later, I promise. You should get going." I sigh

"Okay" she sighs and kisses my cheek leaving me with butterflies.

I head out of the doors and head back to my apartment, if I knew this was going to happen I would have just stayed in bed.