Chapter 10 - The Yellow Dragon (Final Chapter)

Chapter 10 – The Yellow Dragon (Final Chapter)

It had been a week since my last encounter with Izanami and my brothers. I was grateful of the outcome since I was granted permission to live here. I was also thankful to everyone for letting me stay here in the castle with them.

I was walking my way toward the throne room to make a simple request to Yona and Hak until I bumped onto Roo-na.

"Good morning, Lyra," she greeted. Again, I was happy to be called Lyra and not Amaterasu. "Where are you going?"

"I need to ask Yona and Hak for something," I answered honestly.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" she asked and I nodded. We went to the garden of the castle and admired the beauty of the flowers. "As a friend, I want you to know that I'm very happy that you came here,"

"You see me as a friend?" I confirmed.

"Of course," she smiled. "Goddess or not, you're still my friend,"

I thought of nothing else to say so I stood in front of her and bowed. It was a sign of respect. "Thank you, Roo-na,"

"There's no need for you to do that," she pointed out and I went back to my original position. "But I'm not the happiest that you came here,"

"What do you mean?"

"A few months ago..." she started. "...I wished for a goddess to come down here on Earth,"

I was confused of what she said. "Why?"

"Because I wanted a friend of mine to be happy," she responded. "I don't like to see him hurt once we're gone. He's immortal, you know? The pain of losing his friends was too painful for him to bear but I admired the fact that he still managed to look forward and give everyone a smile,"

"...Are you talking about Zeno?" I guessed.

Roo-na nodded. "Do you not have feelings for Zeno?"

Did I have feelings for Zeno?

I didn't know...

...or maybe I did.

I was nervous around him and he was the only one who made my heart beat faster. There was only one thing that could explain what I was feeling toward him. "I do," I answered Roo-na's question with all honesty.

***

"How can I help you?" Yona smiled at me.

"I...want a map of the whole Kouka Kingdom," I answered. "I want to travel the world and I want to start with the kingdom that you rule,"

"Are you going to leave?" Hak asked and I nodded. "Alright. I'll give you a copy of the map but you can return whenever you want to,"

"Thank you," I bowed to them and that seemed to put them into shock.

"I—I don't feel good with a goddess bowing to me," Yona stuttered. "You're a f—friend of mine but I think this is too much,"

I chuckled at Yona's reaction. "It's a sign of respect,"

"If you put it what way..." Yona trailed off.

The door of the throne room slammed open and all of our heads turned to look at only one direction. "Zeno?" I whispered. What was he doing here and why did he need to slam the door open?

"Y—You're leaving?" his question was directed to me.

"Yes..." I frowned. Why was he making a big deal out of it?

"But...what about me?" his disappointed face made my heart ache. "I thought that you were going to stay here forever..."

"I'll be back," I smiled at him. I didn't know why I was feeling this pain in my heart...maybe I just didn't want to see him sad.

Yona looked at me and Zeno before suggesting, "Why don't you go with her?" Zeno and I were surprised of her suggestion. Zeno was one of her protectors. She couldn't possibly let him go, could she? "I'm going to be alright, Zeno. After all these years, you also deserve to be happy,"

"Can I really go with her?" Zeno's eyes were widened and Yona gave her a nod. Zeno turned his attention to me. "Can I go with you?"

I studied his expression and gave it a thought. Was I going to bring Zeno with me? Did I want to bring him with me? "Why do you want to go with me?" I asked in all confusion.

"Because I love you," his smile was the usual boyish smile that he had. He didn't even hesitate to say it that was why it caught me by surprise. "I want to be with you, Lyra,"

I looked at Yona and Hak and saw that they were smiling. I couldn't help but smile too. If Zeno was granted the permission to be happy...I could be happy too, right?

"Alright," I smiled back at him. "You can come with me,"

"Yes!" Zeno yelled as he did this silly dance. "And one more thing..." Zeno ran toward me and stood inches away from me.

"W—What is it?" I was nervous of how close he was.

"Let's get married, Lyra," Yona, Hak, and I were shocked of what we just heard. Was he serious? Did he really just say that he wanted to get married?

A cough interrupted my thoughts. I turned to look at Hak who was grinning widely. "What are you waiting for, Lyra? He just proposed, didn't he?"

A chuckle escaped my lips as I answered Zeno, "I accept your proposal, Zeno," after a second, I felt a peck on my lips...it was soft. Zeno's actions took me off guard. I felt the heat rose up to my cheeks.

My future wouldn't be that bad if it was with Zeno, right?

In fact, I knew that my future with him would be the best. 

***

And that's the end of this fan-fiction. Just to remind you, there are four books in this series and this Zeno fanfiction is the second one. Even if you don't read it in order, you would still understand the story since my original characters from different stories don't affect the outcome of the other. 

The Definition of Beautiful (Shin-ah Love Story) - Completed

The Definition of Eternity (Zeno Love Story) - Completed

The Definition of Freedom (Jae-ha Love Story) - Completed

The Definition of Loneliness (Kija Love Story) - Completed