Chapter 5 - The Yellow Dragon

Chapter 5 – The Yellow Dragon

"What are you talking about?" Yun wondered.

"I'm pretty sure that I saw her from an old painting before..." Geun-tae answered, sounding so sure of his self.

"What painting is that, Geun-tae?" Zeno was still quite oblivious of Geun-tae's shock. I didn't know what to do. I knew for myself that I was really the one in the painting that he saw considering the fact that I was a goddess.

"The painting of the sun goddess," Geun-tae frowned.

"The sun goddess?" I repeated like I didn't know of what he was talking about. "I don't think a goddess would want to walk around like this, right?"

"B—But...you're right," Geun-tae breathed out.

Good.

He admitted defeat.

I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

It looked like Geun-tae didn't really buy what I said but it was a good thing that he dropped the subject. I didn't want to think of an excuse any further after all.

"Where is the crop field?" Yun asked.

"This way," Geun-tae stood up and led us outside.

***

"The soil here is good..." I examined the field. "The only problem is that the walls are blocking the sunlight,"

"But we can't destroy the walls," Geun-tae explained as he was eyeing me suspiciously. I knew that his mind was still filled with wonder. "It will cause casualties to the villagers and some might get injured since it's a huge and strong wall. It's not going to be easy to take it down,"

"Do you have any other plans, Lyra?" By the way that Yun looked, he was out of options. He thought of changing the soil before but the quality of the soil here was great so it wasn't the problem.

"I have," I nodded.

"What is it?" Zeno asked me.

"Since all of these crops here require sunlight to grow, you need to grow crops that don't need sunlight," I advised.

"We don't know of any crops like that," Geun-tae responded.

"You can grow leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach since they grow in the shade. The only difference is that the leaves are thicker with sunlight," I explained every detail carefully to them. "Root vegetables like carrots, radishes, potatoes, and beet grow beneath the soil so they don't require much sunlight. And lastly, cruciferous vegetables like cabbage and cauliflower don't require any sunlight at all,"

"Lettuce, spinach, carrots, radishes, potatoes, beet, cabbage, and cauliflower. Got it," Geun-tae's face lit up.

"You remembered all that?" Zeno asked Geun-tae. "Lettuce is the only thing I remembered!"

"I remembered it all too," Yun nodded. "I already added it to my knowledge. You're so good at this, Lyra,"

I smiled at Yun's compliment, "It was nothing,"

Geun-tae didn't waste any time and immediately ordered his people to change the crops. He turned his attention back to us. "Thank you for this," he bowed to me. "I will admit that I preferred Soo-won's reign than the Queen's but this changed my views of her. Thank you for lending us your help," at the least, I was able to repay Yona and the others for their kindness of letting me stay in the castle.

"You're welcome," I smiled at him. Even though he didn't or wasn't sure that I was a goddess, he bowed to me out of respect. I couldn't contain my happiness when he respected me as Lyra and not as the sun goddess.

"Please stay here for the night," Geun-tae said. "I will prepare three rooms for all of you."

***

It was almost time for the sun to come up so I went out of my room and went to the crop field without anyone noticing. I waited until the sun was in the verge of rising.

I lifted both of my arms in front of me and sent sunlight to the soil. The new crops that were planted earlier would grow into healthy crops. For sure, the crops would grow wonderfully.

I was happy about the crops.

But I was also happy to be thanked by a human personally.

If this was the feeling that my brothers didn't want me to feel...then I would rather run away from them forever.

The crops glowed because of my pow—"Lyra?" someone called for my attention.

I didn't know why I was so unlucky when it came to using my powers.

I also didn't know why Zeno was always the one to catch me.