...Now You Don't

...Now You Don't:

Your mind goes blank. What did he say?

Bomb.

Did I hear him correctly?

Bomb!

He stared at you impatiently.

BOMB!

You jump up from your seat. The man shoved you aside, making the coffee slosh around inside the to-go cup. The fat lady and the thin man had vanished. They probably ran off when they heard the word.

Bomb.

You watched as he took the seat off the chair. Lo and behold, there it was. A homemade bomb with wires and a timer and everything. The thing was designed to blow up the whole place. It was ticking away under your bum and you hadn't even realised it.

00:01:03

If he hadn't come in a minute, you would've been dead. Suddenly, you felt the need to kiss this man. He has nearly saved your life.

Nearly.

The timer was still counting down.

00:00:45

The man worked frivolously at the bomb. Well, his eyes did. They scanned it, as of he was mentally dismantling it and reassembling it. Your heart races. You've never been so close to death before.

You couldn't die now. You had too many plans. Too many things you still wanted to do.

00:00:13

A child's laughter rings through your mind, wedding bells do too. You close your eyes, suddenly the light had been too much for them. It was too painful to try to keep them open.

You didn't cry. The strength you thought you had disappeared.

Snip.

"Done."

Your eyes shoot open. That was it?

The man in the scarf stood up. Before you realised it, your arms were wrapped around his torso. He stiffened from surprise.

"I thought you ran off." He said, indifferently.

"No, I couldn't. I didn't want to," you say. The sudden awakening to the truth hit you. You add, "And...I couldn't leave you."

"Why? You don't even know me." He asked. You had wondered this yourself, but the answer is as clear as day, now.

"I didn't want to die alone." You whisper.

"You would've been able to make it." He lied.

"No. The bomb had enough explosives to bring the whole station to the ground. I'm too far away from any of the exits to have had made it in a minute. Even if I ran as fast as I could," you said. He seemed impressed with your knowledge.

"I worked with bombs when I covered the Iraq War. I'm a journalist." You say. He scans you, and all you could do was wait until he was finished.

He was finding out every little detail about you. You were glad that you dressed nicely. Meeting a handsome man in an old jumper and sweatpants would not have been the best way to go about it.

You finally brought yourself to look at the bomb. Your mouth drops open on shock. The timer was left with nearly all zeroes. The last digit was a odd 'J' shape. He managed to stop it from detonating as the timer was switching from 1 to 0.

Then, it hit you.

Sherlock Holmes.

He was the famous -and infamous- Sherlock Holmes, the consulting detective. The first to ever exist. You smile. Who else could've done that?

He was just like his pictures. The iconic scarf and long coat, the way he worked so quickly, why everyone seemed so peculiar in the station, he even had John Watson trailing behind him.

"You're Y/N, you covered Iraq and Afghanistan. You also cover international politics and have an opinion column on social injustices. I normally hate journalists. However, you don't write for trashy rags. You write for the Times." He said. Your initial shocked reaction disappeared into a knowing smirk.

"You're right about nearly everything." You say.

"Dammit, there's always one." He states.

"I do have an opinion column," You say. "But it's not about social injustices, it's about you."

"What do you say about me?" He asked. You smirk.

"Pick up the next Times to find out." You say. You walk past him, slipping your card into his pocket.

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Holmes. I do, so very much, hope we can do it again." You say walking off. You don't know what's come over you. Maybe a new sense of courage had emerged after nearly dying, maybe you felt like you shouldn't regret anything anymore. No longer were people going to step over you.

You are stronger, now.

••••~~~••••~~~••••~~~••••

AN: SEND ME REQUESTS.

Also, vote vote vote!