Sherlock Says "I Love You"

Sherlock Says "I Love You:"

You sat in the bath, enjoying the warm water against your skin. The heat relaxed your muscles, and the aroma of lavender and honey filled your nose. Your eyes were closed. This moment was so surreal. Nothing could've broken you from it.

"What's on your mind?" You hear a deep, slightly husky voice whisper. You smile a bit, because you had almost forgotten that Sherlock was there with you. His arms are wrapped around your waist and you could feel the steady beat of his heart against your back. You leaned your head back so it rests against his shoulder.

You sighed feeling content.

"Don't you already know?" You joked, opening your eyes. Your head turns to face him. A smile spread across your face as you saw how his blue eyes bore into your own.

"Yes, I just want to hear you speak to me." He said. You blushed. Sherlock wasn't acting normal. He was complimenting you and really caring. It was nice but...

"You're confused." Sherlock states.

"A bit. It's just, what's with all the compliments and pleasantries? We don't need to do this." You say. It hurt a bit when Sherlock said those identical words to you months ago. But once you got to know him, you understood his reasoning. Sherlock looked at your face, almost searching for something.

"I don't know. And you know that I hate not knowing." He said. You face forward again, not knowing what to say. You hate not knowing too.

"Well to answer your first question, I'm thinking that this moment, right now, just you and me, is all I need. I'm happy and I'm content." You say to him. You feel him kiss the back of your head in response.

"I feel the same way." He whispers. A small smile lingers on your lips. He was happy with you. And not only that, he was sharing how he felt with you. It was a rare opportunity, so you milk it a little bit.

"You're happy with me?" You ask in a teasing tone. "I thought Sherlock Holmes was never happy."

He chuckles lightly.

"I never said that I'm never happy. It's just with you-" He cut himself off. After waiting a few seconds, you turn around to see a frozen version of your boyfriend. He looked like he had been hit by a bus. A deer in headlights.

"Sherlock, is something wrong?" You asked. You stared into his eyes and saw the wheels turning in tremendous speed in his mind palace. He was deducing something, or maybe he was just in one of his moods.

It was all very strange.

Firstly, he surprises you with a bath after you returned from work that day. Then, he jumps in with you. After that, he acts very caring. And now, he's frozen in place.

You sigh. Fine. Then you'll do some deducing on your own. You've seen Sherlock in action before, and he's been teaching you a few things.

So, first there's the strange behavior. Sure it was nice, but it wasn't Sherlock. This isn't the man you're falling for.

Then, there's the state he's in now. You feel that his heartbeat has quickened. That's strange too.

Then, something clicks. But, it couldn't be. It just didn't make any sense. It was impossible, wasn't it? The curiosity overwhelms you and you try shocking him back to reality.

"Sherlock?" You say, trying to shake his shoulders. But, they were firmly set in place. You sigh and just lean forward and kiss him. You're forceful at first, trying to make him feel you pull him out.

After a couple of seconds of kissing nothing, you were about to pull away. But then you feel Sherlock's arms shoot up and grab ahold of your face. It scared you into biting his bottom lip.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" You shout. You trace your thumb over his bottom, and now swollen, lip.

"Y/N?" He says.

"Yeah?" You respond.

But instead of saying anything, he kisses you again. Only this time, it's different and so much better.

Yes, you and Sherlock have kissed before, but this felt like so much more.

When you would kiss before, you felt your heart flutter in your chest. But this one stirred something deep within you. It made your stomach do flips and your skin feel like it had caught on fire. You felt goosebumps travel up your arms and it made your inner core burn.

It felt amazing.

He had never kissed you so passionately before. And this new kiss confirmed everything you had somewhat deduced while Sherlock freaked out about it.

You both pull out of the heated kiss, panting to try to catch your breath.

"Y/N," he says nervously. You smile. It would be the first time he told you this and you wanted to remember every detail.

"I love you." He said. You smile brightly.

"I know." You said giving him a small kiss. "I love you too, Sherlock." His smile mirrored your own, maybe it was even bigger.

Then, you kissed again. With the same passion and with this new admission of your love for each other, it made it that much better.