(9)The Vampire Prince wants his daughter back??? She's mine to you know!!!

Once again keep pestering me!!!!!!!!!

And thank you to all!!!!!!

Clara's POV

The man I was sitting next to on the plane had kindly given me his window seat and a box of tissues that were in his carry on bag. We'd talked for a while but then he fell asleep so I continued to stare out the window and remind myself that this was for the greater good.

Lilly was safe now. I wasn't going to be a threat to her anymore. Jace would never find her.

I'd thrown my phone away at the airport so that no one could call me. I was starting over. You never know, maybe I'd finally find my real night in shining armour, get married, have....

I couldn't continue that thought.

I'd gone hunting before I left. I caught a few animals. That's all I ever ate after I left Jace. I realised how wrong it was to kill, I came to my senses.

Vampires who were born needed a lot of blood, human blood. I'd stolen blood packages for Lilly and she wasn't fully grown yet so she didn't need much.

Vampires, who were created, however, barely needed any blood at all because their body used the blood that was already in their bodies to kill their original thirst and your first thirst is your worst.

I lent my head against the window. Not even think about blood could distract me from where my actual thoughts were wondering. I'd never see her face again. I wouldn't get to watch her grow up. I'd never meet her first boyfriend. I wouldn't even be the one to give her 'the talk'. All her birthdays would pass and my presents would never be allowed to reach her.

She could never know I existed. She had a new mother now. I would just be another person in the big wide world.

Amanda's POV

I was in the kitchen making coffee. Needless to say I hadn't slept well.

I didn't know she was in the room until she talked to me.

"Where's Mummy?" her sleep filled voice asked.

I froze. I hoped wildly, hopelessly, that Will would walk into the room and save me from this. I didn't want to be the one to do it. But who better than her new mother?

I turned slowly and took in the small figure, standing her blue Winnie the Pooh pyjamas, covered by a pink dressing gown, with her pink bunny slippers. Her hair was fluffy from shuffling in her sleep and she rubbed her eyes, trying to wake them from their slumber.

In her hand she held a tattered teddy bear. It took everything in my power not to burst into tears. Gerdy Bear had been Clara's bear. Lilly looked exactly like a mini Clara and standing there with what used to be Clara's prize possession, she could have passed as being Clara herself.

It was amazing how much she looked like Clara. And by default, Will. Clara and Will had always looked simular. It was a curse that Lilly could now easily pass as being Will's daughter.

Except for her eyes. She had Jace's eyes. Well they must have been Jace's because they certainly weren't Clara's. But we could just tell everyone she inherited them from her grandmother. It was so easy it was cruel.

If only the job I now had to do could be just as easy.

I bent down to Lilly's level and smiled at her. She smiled back and hugged me. I picked her up and carried her into the living room, then sat down on a couch.

"What are you talking about sweetheart? Your mummy's right here." I told her, forcing the smile to stay on my face.

"Where?" she said excitedly, looking around the room.

"I'm your Mummy, silly!" It came like second nature to me, the mothering skills. I almost felt guilty for how easily I could take her in as my child.

"No your not! My Mummy looks completely different to you!" she cried. She wriggles out of my arms.

"Sweetheart, what are you talking about? Of course I'm your mother!" I said, still sitting. If she left the room I wasn't going to follow her. Maybe doses would work better?

"No your not!" she cried, but I could see she was starting to get confused. I'd known Clara long enough to know how to act like her.

I made my speech the same, my posture the same and my face the same as Clara would have been.

"Sweetheart, I just changed my hair colour." I said, holding out some of my hair.

Lilly came closer and looked at it. Then she smiled.

"Oh! Some of the girls at my other schools, their mums did that and they looked different. That's why I thought you weren't you!" She hugged me and I felt like dieing.

I knew what came next would hurt but I had to do it to tie the knot.

"I'm your mother. I would never lie to you."

Ouch!!!!!!!! That's gotta hurt. Da dadadaaaaaa! The next chapters gonna spice things up a little bit. And those of you who are waiting for a romance fix.... Soon my little ones, very soon....