Chapter 4

First of all, I'm really sorry for the long wait. About a week ago, I came down with the flu and I've been stuck in bed ever since. My mom even wanted to take me to the ER because my temperature was 104. Anyways, I did nothing for about a week except sleep. I know that seems like a really lame excuse but my temperature just dropped below 100 less than 24 hours ago and I got out of bed to write this chapter. See how much I love you guys?

Second, you guys are the best! When I started this story, I honestly thought I'd get 10 votes at most total. I never thought I would reach over fifty. I appreciate all your feedback. It's really nice to know what you guys thought. I actually reached What's Hot 100-something. 35 fans? That's unbelievable!!!

Lastly, I'm really sorry this chapter is so short. I wanted to make it longer but I don't really know what to do next. I'm scared of disappointing anyone and want to make this story more than just a short story.

Sorry for the really long author's note. Hope you enjoy :]

__________

I waddled out of the bathroom, numbness tingling throughout my entire body. Harvey looked at my face and gave an understanding smile, "I'll just go. We can continue this some other time." I didn't give any response. He nodded and left.

I trudged back to my room and curled up in bed, shivering from the unknown cold sweeping through the room, draining it of the warm atmosphere and replacing it with one full of still dread and icy terror. After I had realized the truth, I had insisted the Harvey leave immediately and made sure Keith saw. I was scared for his safety. Call me a coward as much as you like. Are you expecting me to confront Keith and change his ways and if it's necessary, kill him? I would be if I was crazy and fearless and super strong but I wasn't. I'm a sensible girl who would like to stay alive.

What am I going to do about Keith? Why is he doing this? Is he the jealous type? A revelation came over me. He is. That's why he's doing this. It all makes sense now. That's why he's been so obsessed about what I do and that I don't come near guys the past few months.

Wow, my boyfriend has mental issues. Why did I ever go out with him?

There was a knock at the door. I really didn't want to get the door. Nothing good ever comes out of opening that door.

Somehow, as if invisible strings were controlling my movements, I managed to break out of fear's hold and walk to the door. Anticipation flooded through my veins. My entire arm tensed as I took a hold of the door knob. The creaking resulting from the turning of the knob shook my body. As I slowly opened the door, I closed my eyes, afraid to see the sight in front of me.

Open. I wish I hadn't. Harvey was sprawled on the ground, limbs bent in odd directions. His head had been turned 180 degrees so that he was facing the floor even though he was lying on his back. I wasn't aware of it happening when I screamed, slammed the door, and ran back to bed. All rational thoughts fled my mind at the disturbing sight. All I saw, whether I closed my eyes or not, was that disturbing scene. It switched back and forth between the lifeless bodies of Charles and Harvey.

Another knock sounded, passing through my ear and went directly to my heart. Despite my eyes being wide open, I couldn't see what was in front of me, that is, until Keith was at the doorway staring at me.

I shrieked and grabbed my phone on the bedside table, prepared to call the police. He stepped in and closed the door behind him. It closed with a click, which only seemed amplified in the silent room.

"We need to talk," Keith said, "You need to stop talking to other guys. You are mine."

What the heck. Nobody tells me who I can or can't talk to or who I belong to. I furrowed my brows and was prepared to give him a long lecture about how I am my own person. His cold, steely eyes, flaring dangerously, narrowed at me. I winced at the look and gulped nervously.

He slowly walked closer, every resounding thud making me flinch. An uncomfortable heat crept up my back as I nervously looked around for a way to escape. I could go hide in the bathroom but he'd probably break down the door. I would climb out the window, if my apartment wasn't on the fifth floor. The door was directly behind him.

Keith unexpectedly lunged. With reflexes I never knew I possessed, I ducked out of his way and ran towards the door. Wrenching the door open, I tore down the halls, screaming at the top of my lungs. My heart thumped at a million beats a second and my legs were moving faster than they ever have. I didn't care where I ended up, as long as I was away from him.

I whipped my head around at the heavy breathing and rapid footsteps behind me. Keith was chasing me with a hard look in his eyes. The sight only made me run faster. My raspy pants seemed to rake my dry throat. My chest was congested and painful. It was agonizing to take a breath. Instead of refreshing air, my lungs were filled with what seemed like needles.

I ran out of the apartment complex. I ran several blocks. I didn't look back. I ran till my exhausted body couldn't take it anymore. I turned into a small alleyway and collapsed on the middle of the ground.

It was pouring. That wasn't the worst part, not even close. Gwendolyn's body was split open, slashed apart as if a bomb had exploded inside her. My mind went blank. You would think that after all these deaths I would get used to seeing a dead body but no, it was just more gruesome than the last. Silent tears were running down my face. I barely even knew her. To me, she was just some girl in my class and yet, I'm pretty sure that her death is my fault. Her death. Harvey's death. Charles's death. Why can't my life be normal?

I sat there, staring at her gore-y corpse which barely even resembled a body. It was more like a mass of bloody shreds of flesh. After what seemed like hours, I looked up to see a terrifying sight. On the wall were the words "YOU ARE MINE" written in blood. I watched, half-fascinated and half-horrified, as a drop of blood slid down the wall and entered a running stream of water from the rain. The crimson seed entered the water, instantly sprouting into a hauntingly beautiful blood-red flower. It only existed for a few moments before being swept away by the current.

The sight was horrendous. I passed out.

__________

I woke up to see nothing but darkness. What in the world? I tried saying that aloud but found my mouth covered with a dirty rag. What was going on here?

__________

Didn't see that coming, did you? Was that the unexpected twist you were all waiting for? So did you think that was too gory? I could always go back and change it. Anyways, I hope I didn't disappoint anyone :] I've been saving that "blood seed" imagery for the longest time ever, just waiting for the right story to use it.

FYI I might soon make my uploads weekly because this story should go on until September. If I put up a new chapter every three days like I used to, it might even end before summer ends. I'll try to find a way to shake things up more to keep it interesting for you guys.

I don't think I'll talk about the serial killer behind Albert's name because his real role in this story hasn't been revealed yet.

Because this is a Watty entry, I have to cast characters and I, being the strange girl who lives under a rock, don't know a lot of actors or actresses. Could you please give me some suggestions? It'd be highly appreciated. If I happen to cast an actor you really like as Keith, please don't take any offense, it just means I thought he'd play the role well. So, please send suggestions. Please and thank you :]

Comment~ Vote~ Fan~