Chapter 1

Thanks so much for clicking. Anyways, sorry for all grammar and spelling mistakes and hope you enjoy and the whole blah blah blah shebang. :] By the way, the underlying plot may be romance but I'll stick more to horror.

___________

"Hey. I have to get to class now. I'll see you later." I said to Keith, my boyfriend, giving him a peck on the cheek. I giggled as he turned and pulled me closer, kissing me on the lips. I pulled away, laughing, "As much as I love you, I really have to go. I'll be late for class."

He pouted cutely but didn't protest, "Okay. I'll pick you up after class, Taylor."

"Thanks." I hugged him and walked away, in the direction of my physiology class. Yes, I want a degree in physiology. I love the idea of knowing how other people think. Letting out a blissful sigh, I thought of Keith and how lucky I am to have him as a boyfriend. He was a total cutie. Even though he's a bit on the serious side, he really cares about me and makes me feel special.

My thoughts of Keith stopped as I entered the classroom. The teacher raised his eyebrows and tapped his foot impatiently. I offered a sheepish grin and quickly scurried to take a seat next to a smiling Charles.

While the teacher was explaining the importance of physiology, Charles turned to me and said, "Do you want to go bowling after school?"

I was sorely tempted to accept the invitation but had to turn it down, "You know I have a boyfriend."

Charles laughed softly, "No, not like that, silly. Just as friends. I just want to have a break from all this work. So do you want to come?" I could feel my will slowly slipping away. I thoroughly considered the consequences. Keith wouldn't mind, I reasoned. It's just a fun night out and there is no way I would leave him for Charles. I nodded, smiling. Charles grinned back and turned his attention back to the lecture.

I couldn't wait till this class, which also happened to be the last one for the day, was over. It was about time I get a day off. I've been working my butt off for the last six months. I deserve a break.

"All right, class. You're dismissed," the teacher announced, exiting the room.

I immediately dialed Keith, "Hey. It's all right. You don't have to pick me up later."

"Why?" Keith said.

"I just feel like walking today."

"Oh. Okay then. Do you want to go out tonight?"

"Sorry. I have other plans."

"Like what?" His tone was suspicious. I rolled my eyes. Honestly, he worries way too much. He doesn't think I'm cheating on him, does he? I can't believe he has so little faith in me.

"I'm just-"

I was interrupted by Charles, "I'll pick you up at your apartment at 8, okay?"

"Who was that?" Keith said his voice dangerously low.

I replied, "That was Charles. We're going bowling tonight."

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am."

I uttered an annoyed sigh as he began to express his feelings on the matter, "Look, we're just friends. It's just bowling. Calm down. I know you're all worried but I seriously need a break from all this stress. Bye." I hung up on him. I didn't care if he yelled at me later for this. He needs time to cool down and I need time to relax.

"All right," I turned to smile at Charles, "I'll see you at 8." He nodded and left.

I found myself at my apartment at 7, still not ready. I was rummaging through my closet, looking for my bowling shoes. I'm not even sure if I brought them with me to college but it doesn't hurt to look. Taking a quick glance at the clock, I panicked. What was I going to wear? Wait, why am I even freaking out about this? I have a perfect boyfriend. I don't need to dress to impress. Quickly putting on a pair of black jeans and a white tee, I also hurriedly brushed my hair. I went to the bathroom to put on a little bit of makeup. Screw the bowling shoes. I'll just rent some at the place.

While applying eyeliner, a loud yell was heard in the living room. Surprised, I accidentally jerked my hand back, so that there was now a dark black line stretching from my eye to my ear. I was pissed, staring at my reflection in the mirror. My face now had a hideous streak across my head.

I stormed out of the bathroom, furiously slamming the door. The sight before me made my eyes go wide, my jaw drop, and my mind go blank.

There, on my living room floor, was Charles's lifeless body with a glassy look in his eyes and a horrified expression on his face. A little blood was trickling out of his open mouth, forming a small puddle on the carpet. Wrapped around his neck were my bowling shoes. The gruesome sight sent shivers up my spine.

I heard a scuffle at the door. Whipping my head sharply in the direction of the noise, my breathing only worsened when I saw Keith standing there with a crazed look. His creepy smile only got bigger when he saw me. I could hear my heart thudding loudly in my ribcage, threatening to jump out of my frozen body. His mouth moved slowly as he began to whisper in a husky voice, "You're okay now, Taylor."

He reached out his hand to me. I stared terrified at the extended hand. Letting out a bloodcurdling scream, I ran to my bedroom and locked the door behind me. Jumping into bed I reached for my phone on the bedside table, frantic to call the police. Shock and hysteria was muddling my mind, panic and paralysis taking consuming my body. Unconsciousness hit me hard and I was knocked out cold.

I was unaware when I finally drifted off to sleep, my figure rigid and tensed.

My boyfriend is a... MURDERER?!

__________

So... what do you guys think? I know it wasn't very gory because of the rating rules but was it at least a teeny weeny bit creepy? I guess there'll be a bit of gore but mostly thriller and suspense? By the way, I have NO idea what genre to make this story. Is this more of a horror or mystery/suspense or maybe even thriller? Suggestions would be really helpful. Is this a good plot? You have no idea how long I spent planning this story. You might think you know the whole story, but trust me, you don't. I promise you it gets more interesting. Or at least, I'll try my best to make fun to read... or scary. Hehe.

Anyways, PLEASE, I'm begging you. Please comment. Becoming a fan would be nice too. Votes aren't that important to me.

Please help me reach my goal of five comments and at least one fan. Imaginary chocolate chip cookie to everyone who comments! I will love you forever if you do. Haha. I'm just kidding. But seriously, I'll be really grateful. I really want to know how this story is so far and whether I should continue it or not.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it.