Chapter 2

Thanks for clicking! I'm sorry this took a while to write.

Special shout-out to Nikita (thegalwiththegall) for being my first fan and commenter! You gave me the motivation to continue this :] Anyways, as special thanks, I tried my best to add your personality in little kid form.

Enjoy ~

__________

I slowly recovered from my state of unconsciousness. My body was rigid and numb, as if I was tied down by invisible, cold strings of fright. My eyes snapped open as I became aware of the sticky sweat layer enveloping my entire self. My heart was racing even though my body wouldn't let me take a breath. Am I still alive? What happened? Why can't I move?

As I slowly recalled the events of last night, a million thoughts zoomed through my mind but my subconscious self barely had time to even think about any of them.

"Wakey wakey, sunshine."

I screamed bloody murder. That voice, the voice of a killer, was here, in my room. I am so dead. He's going to kill me. Now that I know he killed Charles, he has to dispose of the witness. I hope someone finds my body. I hope he gets punished for this.

Warm hands wrapped themselves around my waist and a head buried itself into the crook of my neck. Hot, fevered breaths attacked the sensitive skin on my neck and sweat broke out on my forehead. Oh my gosh. He's going to rape me then kill me and bury my body.

Get a hold of yourself, Taylor. Don't panic. You're overreacting. You need to be rational. I took a deep breath, attempting to calm my nerves.

"What's wrong?" Keith turned my body so that I was looking into his warm, brown eyes. Despite the frenzied thoughts bouncing around in my head, a reassuring calm swept over me. There was no way he could be a murderer. Look into those eyes and tell me he killed someone. Who would believe it? A doubtful voice whispered evil into my ear, reasoning that some serial killers have to be charming and charismatic to lure in their victims. Oh shut up.

I glared at him, ignoring the fear stabbing at my stomach, "Where's Charles?" Keith smiled pitifully at me, as if I was a stupid baby who had know idea what was going on in the world.

"He left for England to deal with family problems. Didn't you hear?" he laughed at my scared expression, "What's wrong? Why are you so jumpy?"

That makes sense. I can't believe I thought that Keith actually killed Charles. Now that I actually think about it, that's crazy, right? Okay, Taylor, you're probably just a little stressed from the work load. To deal with the panic, your brain created a ridiculous scenario. Last night didn't happen. I'm done diagnosing myself.

I smiled at him and hugged him, inhaling his scent, "Nothing. I just had a bad dream last night."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head furiously. I didn't even want to think about what he would think if I told him.

"Well then, go get dressed. We're going to the mall with Kristen and Albert."

I was greeted with a squeal and tackle from Kristen. Pulling away I smiled at my best friend. She grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards the nearest store, talking about all the amazing things we were going to buy today. I laughed and followed along. Albert and Keith followed at a distance, catching up. The two were really close even though they just met a few months ago.

While Kristen was trying on a dress, I felt an arm on my shoulder and a kiss on my cheek. Grinning I turned and kissed Keith on the cheek.

"See, Keith?" a familiar voice said, "she likes me better than you."