CHAPTER X

"And in the end when it all comes down to our tragedy and recklessness, our story will remain as a frivolous myth."— *xsterisks (Author)

|| BEGINNING OF CHAPTER TEN ||

The night gently blew the whispers of the cold north wind and the stars were hiding over the dark-gray gloomy clouds. The end of the summer's reigning and the deep dark clouds in not so far away are flashing lightning and roaring thunders. I shivered as the cold wild breeze of the wind leisurely brush on my thin clothing and exposed snow-pale skin. I forgot to bring a jacket or at least wear a warm shirt.

On the corner of the crossroad at the next street from my apartment beside the old stricken lamppost, I agreed to meet Pha. The sudden mentioning of his name creates displeasure inside my ribcage it constricted every veins that were connected to my heart and I can hardly breath-in some air to fill the pair of my lungs.

I rested my haunches on the side walk watching motored vehicles passed; trucks, vans, cars, scooters and motorcycles. I waited.

It was near eleven at night and the road were almost deserted. I waited for a minute while fidgeting the scissor that Forth let me borrow on my hand when suddenly a familiar deep baritone voice greeted me. I shove the scissor back to my pocket.

"Beam."

I adverted my gaze towards Pha and beam a smile to him then gestured to seat next beside me. He just willingly obliged.

"I heard you asked for space with Yo to think? What is bothering you?" I asked nonchalantly. Well I always knew it anyway.

"I don't want to have uncertain feelings for Wayo. I want to give my whole when I love but something is intruding upon my thought and disturbing my stance."

"Is it because of me?"

He nodded.

I ran my pale slender finger on my left hand to my pinky finger. "And it is all because of this." I said and lifted the red thread that I can only see.

"It is connected to you. I'm sorry." I bite my lower lips to prevent any of my sobs to escape from my mouth.

He was about to open his mouth and utter a word but I cut him off.

"Sorry Pha. You were destined for Wayo and I am just another story that is never to be told. You fall in love with Wayo first and you should not fall out of love with him because you feel the pull of my red string." I manage to utter the phrase and not to choke in every words. It hurts. Every single words hurts.

I whimper in between my sobs as tears fall continuously from my eyes. It pained me.

"Pha, I have love you before this string appears between us and I already endured the rejection and torments. I am better with just me alone, maybe . . ."

"Bea—"

"Pha, please just listen. Just listen to me." I murmured trying to halt my hard sobbing.

The winds blew hard and I trembled with the coldness or the air and the pain that strikes inside my chest. It cause turmoil inside my mind and a thunder clamoured.

"I told you I didn't loved you. But all this time, it was all I ever did." I whispered trough the air, hoping it will be heard.

"You can't fall in love with me. I am just Beam. Just a surly, snarky git." I grumbled and lowered my head in defeat.

I heard his soft little sobbing.

Fuck! I'm such a ruthless person. I can't take this. I don't want to see him cry.

"But maybe in the next life time or any alternate universe, I will wake up and I will stand for our fate, my fate. I will take you and never let you go." My pitiful attempt of comforting him backfired and soon I could feel beads of the tears from the sky on my shoulder, the heaven also cried.

"Pha." I lifted my gaze towards him and guided my fingers to his chin and lift up his face to look into my eyes.

I shove my hand inside my pocket and craned the scissor Forth let me borrow.

"Look through my eyes Pha." I take a step back away from Pha towards the open road.

I guided the scissor to cut the red string. I stare towards my pinky finger. I string is now black. Unconnected.

"I love you." I whispered to the rain.

"BEAM!"

After cutting the chord, a loud honking of a container truck shouts to the open space of the road. And before I could take a step out from the death it was to late, the light, the sound of the rain and the beating of my heart all went flat.

|| END OF CHAPTER TEN ||

Author's Note:

Yey! Tadaaaaaaaaaa~ Surprise ~ Like I've said I wont hurt our Beam. I didn't okey? It was the truck. So, How was the ending? Was it too beautiful? Very very beautiful. 555+ *gives tissue to everyone*

¶ I just really love the ending. Gosh. I love it. I really love it.

P.S. Wait okey? I will give you all an Epilogue. 555+