Chapter 5

WOW 1K READS ALREADY AND ITS JUST CHAPTER 5 YAY!

CHAPTER 5~

-Laken-

Cheers...

Claps....

Laughter.....

Shouts......

None of what I expected happened. Instead there were glares, looks of pity, sighs of sadness. What- were they not happy for us? I look to the ground, away from the haters. What was their problem?

"Austin- Laken, My office now." Alpha George says calmly- to calm.

Austin growls lowly but tugs on my hand- meaning for me to follow him. I follow him, still holding his hand, staying close to his sides and sways from the glares and stares. Since when had I become so shy? I usually didn't give a crap about what other people thought, but for some reason now I do.

Austin and I finally make it through the crowd. We follow Alpha George up the lawn and to the pack house. His office resided on the second floor and down so many hallways. It takes us a few minutes to make it up the stairs and to his office. The whole way there it was eerily quiet. The stairs didn't creak, no one sighed, or coughed- it was just- creepy quiet. The Alpha holds the door open for us.

"Sit.", He says coldly.

What- Alpha George was never cold to me. He was always nice, never raised his voice. Did I do something to upset him?

I sit down in a chair, but Austin immediately scoops me up and sits me in his lap. I smile at him and turn towards the Alpha. He was glaring at us- no- he was glaring at Austin. Though his glare was directed towards Austin, I cringed back at the intensity of it. Austin pulled me closer and kissed my hair. Alpha George sighed and sat in his chair.

"Austin, this is Laken."

"I know who she is, she is my mate."

"No shit son. This is The Laken!"

Austin tenses up and loosens his hold on me. I whimper,'The Laken?' what was that supposed to mean.

"And don't start with the, 'I can't be with her', thing because look she's already attached to you." The Alpha says pointing at me.

"Dad what do I do? I want my mate but are you saying I can't have her?" Austin yells making me cringe away from him.

He growls and pulls me into his chest. Wasn't he the one pushing me away a minute ago?

"No that's not what I'm saying Austin. I'm saying that you have a bigger responsibility now. She is not like other mates Austin, she needs you to protect her not just take her to bed." The Alpha growls.

Austin sighs and snuggles his nose into my neck. He starts breathing deeply, taking in my scent.

"Should we tell her?" Austin asks.

I finally gain my courage, "Hey I'm right here, so stop talking like I'm not!"

Austin pulls me closer and the Alpha only chuckles. Did I say something funny? Didn't think so old man.

"Take her some where Austin, I'm sure you want to get to know your mate."

"That I do Dad. Come on love, lets go."

Austin stands up with me still in his arms, and walks out of the office. I wrap my arms around his neck to keep from falling. Its not that I didn't trust him, I just didn't want to fall. He chuckles and I hear a door open but I can't see where we are going.

"Austin, where are you taking me?" I ask quietly.

"To our room of course." he says as if it was a stupid question.

"Our room? We have a room? Why can't I go home?" I ask wiggling some.

Austin growls and then I'm slammed up against a wall.

"Because your mine Laken! We're mates so we'll stay together." he says a little happier towards the end.

I shiver,"I know we are I was just wondering." I say shyly.

Austin chuckles and tilts my chin up, "Your so beautiful Laken."

I smile and wiggle around,"Can I walk now? I wanna see our room, and I'm also really tired."

Austin smiles and lets me slide down the wall to my feet before taking my hand and leading me down the rest of the corridor. He opens the last door on the right and I gasp. I could get used to this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO THIS WAS JUST A QUICK UPDATE BEFORE I GO TO CHOIR CAMP. ANYONE ELSE GOING?

ANYWAYS LOVE,
-Sara