Chapter 10:Soft Voices

Hollie’s Standpoint

                We’ve been doing this since we became best friends. Joshua with Skylar and I in going home from school. Sadly, Skylar didn’t join us today. She said that she’ll go somewhere else alone. Her eyes are that tear-eyed but I refuse to ask the reason behind it. I know that if she’s ready to talk about it, she’ll be the first one to share it with me. “I wonder what her problem is. Do you have any clue?” asked I. Joshua replied, “ You know Sky.” I asked again, “ Why are these things happening?  Colton and Phillip are fighting then Jessica is mad about it. I am really thankful that I don’t have these burdens.”  Just before I enter our house, he asked, “What about us?” I actually don’t understand that question. “What do you mean? Joshua, I’m tired. I will always be your bff.”said I. Joshua whispered, “ Don’t be ridiculous Hollie! We had been together since we were kids.” I replied, “ And so? We are still friends.” He looked at me and said, “ Can’t we be more than friends?” I never knew he would say those words. I said, “ I’m sorry. We are just both tired, You don’t know what you’re sayin’” Then he exclaimed, “Please don’t be a fool!” Then I yelled, “ You are a fool! We had this friendship and now you end it! I’m done here. Good night! I slammed the door and still can’t believe of what just happened. I saw him walking away through the window while realizing that I also got my issue just before this night ends.

Jessica’s Standpoint

                I can’t think cause of too much things inside my head. I also can’t believe that Phil and Colton just tricked me. I hate them. From the first place, I shouldn’t have talk and join with their businesses. Skylar, Hollie and Joshua are my only friends from now on. I’ll rather stick around with them than persons who tried to make me believing theya re different but apparently, not. “You here?” asked someone with the familiar voice. I look around and saw the face of a weird jerk. I ran away and said, “Don’t talk to me. Get lost!” Then he grabbed my hand and said, “Listen. Just give me one minute to explain everything.” I bolted around his hands and replied, “ Told you I don’t care. I regret bringin up something which will never happen!”I walk into the streets while he follows me and exclaimed, “ You know what? You are right! You shouldn’t have got into our lives!” I said, “ Then stop following me!” I walk fast that I didn’t hear his footsteps next to mine. He yelled, “Jessica!Wait! Ugh!” I turn around and saw his hands around his hands wrapped in his stomach. I ran towards him and said, “ What’s happening to you?” Then, he pulled me again so I ran away fast that I didn’t realize a car is coming through. My feet shaken that I can’t move. I thought I am gonna die till Phillip pushed me to the other side of the street while his hands wrapped across my body.

                “God! I’ll almost get killed because of you!” exclaimed I. “Is that the proper way of saying thank you?”asked Phillip who seems to be technically saved my life.” I can’t help but cry in front of him. “ Thought I’m gonna die,” said  I. HE hugged me ans=d said, “I’m sorry Jess. I really apologize if I always get you in trouble.”I really thought we are gonna both die. It is my fault. I should listen to him just before it’s too late. Soon as he finally releases me , he continued, “Listen. Before anything else, I wanna thank you for the things you’ve done to me and my brother. However, you should admit that forcing us won’t work out. Colton clearly said that he likes you so he just reunites with me for your sake not for the sake of our brotherhood. Do you get what I mean? “ I tried to understand him but I still can’t accept the fact that he lied to me. I said, “ Then why didn’t you tell this for the first time?”. He replied, “ Cause I thought everything just go with the flow.” I didn’t notice that we are in the front of our house. I said, “ You might just save my life and thank you for that but it doesn’t mean that you are forgiven.” He nodded and said, “ I know. Just tell the truth to clear everything. Good Night.” I merely smiled, “Goodbye.”