Chapter 3: Safe and Sound

Deandre’s Standpoint

                Glee Club supposedly one of the hottest clubs in Mckinley since we won Nationals. Mr. Schue has been the best proctor then but for now, Ms. Testone, a very good Music teacher seems to be in charge of the club. Most of all, our club has always room for good voices like this one.

                “Welcome to the Glee Club!” congratulated Ms. Testone. “You guys are awesome! How come that we never heard of you, Hollie, Skylar and Joshua singing like that? You need to be in our club,” said it with my whole encouragement. However, new girl here looks like lost and don’t feel happy of what was happening, “ No.I won’t join the club.” Then, she left the auditorium without looking back. “Who is she?” asked Ms. Testone who seems to be so much interested to this mysterious girl 'throwing herself away in her real passion.

Jessica’s Standpoint

                I left them. I came here for my education not my music.  I ran as fast as I could that I almost got lost and nowhere to be found. I’d rather choose to be here alone in the bushes where no one could see messing up. I need peace of mind. In the middle of my sentiment, I heard a voice that seems to intertwine with my feelings of pain and lost from real melody of life.

You are the light that's leading me to the place 

Where I find peace again 

You are the strength that keeps me walking 

You are the hope that keeps me trusting 

You are the life to my soul 

You are my purpose 

You're everything 

And how can I stand here with you 

And not be moved by you 

Would you tell me how could it be any better than this? 

                Suddenly, he stopped, “Can  a guy here need some peace?” Till he turn around. I am shocked with the guy I never knew would sing that beautiful. He looks like a jerk but he had the voice that I want to hear and hit ‘replay.’ “I’m sorry. I thought I was alone, explained to him. Then he pulled my arm and said, “Listen, don’t tell this to anyone!” He looked at me in an instance where a jerk face turned into a man with the wide smile, “You’re new here, right?” I replied, “Yeah?” as I removed my hand from his. “I’m Colton. Colton Dixon,” offered his hand once again. I told him my name, “Jessica.”  He asked me once again, “How do I sound?” I tried to give my best advice, “ It was great. No ordinary.” He smirked, “Unusual? Not suitable for my….” I interrupted, “No. It was extraordinary. You sound good.  We both smiled since we want our music to be in disguise.

                It was my surprise when my phone rings, “Hello? I can’t hear you? Who are you?” I never notice that I left Colton behind and just heard him saying, “See you around.” Still, I can’t understand the person or should I say persons on the phone. They could be my friends fromEastlake! Imiss them so much! As I walk on, I missed my steps and bumped to someone again! Good thing he grabbed my hand and saved my phone from falling. “ You again?” startled about him seeing once again! He looks familiar, “ Was that your way of saying thank you?” Mesmerized by his smile, I couldn’t speak till I felt the pain from that worst bump ever, “ Are you saying it was my fault ?” Then a guy just interrupted our conversation, “ So Phillip, have you found the new girl?” I thought he was different as my new friends quoted him but we were wrong! “ Excuse me?” Then this Phillip looked at his best bud and said, “Shut up. She seems lost in my smiles” while giving me the weirdest look of raising his eye brows! Thank God, they left me.

                I decided to look at my phone  and see who called. It was Tiffany, one of my best friends in Eastlake. Gosh! I should have talked to her and to my friends than a bunch of morons!

Colton’s Standpoint

                Since I started living this way, far from the crowd, I kept my music to overfill my emptied heart. Everyone was afraid of me. No one ever dare to befriend me unless the tough guys of the streets.  These were all because of my family situation. It was everyone’s fault yet I’m the one suffering. Most of all, living in the shadows of my half-brother is worst! Every time I looked at him, I always think of the kind of life I should have. He was my biggest rival in any single way. These all sucks! Music was the only thing that gives me the life and strength to fight these all.

                Even I felt obnoxious from people knowing my secret life in music, I felt a little bit relieved when it was Jessica. She doesn’t know yet a single thing about who I was but she loved my music. I could assure that she’s different from anybody in this school. She was the first person who made me feel my worth.  She was the perfect sign for me continue this safe but undeniably the perfect sound of living.

Phillip’s Standpoint

                Finally, this day is over. First day was a little rush to end something and start a new beginning.  Even it was a big day; this night will always be exceptional for me. Every night change me into something more special than I could be. Just before I could do this thing, I saw someone who just made me feel this could be something different.  She’s here!